Creamy, delicious vegan Cilantro Lime Dressing with avocado! An amazing pairing with Southwestern-style salads. (Gluten-free with an oil-free option.)
I've wanted to make my own creamy cilantro dressing ever since we tried the one from Trader Joe's last year.
Store-bought dressings are convenient, but making your own brings a whole new level of flavor and freshness that is hard to beat.
Plus you can control the ingredients and adjust the flavors exactly how you want.
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Dressing
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado: Or plain vegan yogurt.
- Fresh lime juice
- Olive oil: Or water to thin.
- White wine vinegar
- Agave and/or cumin: Optional, but recommended.
Either serve right away or refrigerate for later.
This dressing is also great on salads, wraps, drizzled on tacos for an extra flavor boost, and as a vegetable dip.
My favorite is using on this Southwestern Chopped Salad (pictured above).
This recipe is very versatile depending on your favorite flavors:
- A dash of cayenne pepper or jalapeño: For spiciness.
- Cumin or more garlic
- More lime juice or zest
- Agave to sweeten: And also help balance and tone down the tartness.
For more inspiration, also browse all salad dressing recipes.
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime or more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (can omit or replace with water as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional but recommended:
- Agave to sweeten
- Cumin to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing, also check out: