Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
A warmly satisfying curry soup with a silky, golden broth. Very easy to prepare and so nourishing!
Servings4 large bowls
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium gold potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I use regular, unsweetened)
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. curry powder (1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups peas (I use frozen)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Baby spinach (to stir in at the end)
- Fresh cilantro for serving
Dice carrot and potatoes. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except frozen peas (and spinach if using).
Bring to a light boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through).
Stir in frozen peas (and spinach if using). Heat for 2 minutes.
Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Great served with cooked brown rice or warm naan/pita bread for dipping into the broth.
Other additions: kale, broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts, onion, garlic, ginger, etc.
Calories: 407 kcal | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 21 g | Potassium: 1336 mg | Fiber: 12 g | Sugar: 13 g | Vitamin A: 5923 IU | Vitamin C: 113 mg | Calcium: 99 mg | Iron: 5 mg