A warmly satisfying vegan Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup with a silky, golden broth. Easy to prepare, flavorful, and also just 7 simple ingredients! (Gluten-free & oil-free.)
This simple 7-ingredient soup only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish.
It quickly develops a silky, golden broth that is rich with flavor and packed with veggies.
I enjoy the challenge of making a recipe as easy as possible without skimping on flavor. For this soup you simply:
- Chop a few veggies.
- Add everything together in a pot.
- Then let it simmer to golden perfection.
Ingredients for Vegetable Curry Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh cauliflower
- Gold potato: I like the buttery taste and texture of Yukon gold potatoes, but you can substitute with white potatoes or russet potatoes if desired.
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk: I use regular and unsweetened canned coconut milk.
- Curry powder: I really enjoy the warm flavors of a curry powder spice blend. It's not too spicy, and super flavorful and delicious.
- Peas: For convenience, I use frozen peas.
- Fresh baby spinach: This is optional, but great to include. Or you could stir in fresh kale instead.
Rice: Feel free to serve this soup with a spoonful of cooked brown rice.
Bread: Warm pita or naan bread is great because it is delicious dipped in the flavorful, silky broth.
Fresh herbs: We also enjoy topping our bowl with a tablespoon of fresh cilantro before serving.
Protein: Add chickpeas (or other white bean of choice) or tofu for extra protein and fiber if you'd like.
Citrus: Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or lime juice if desired.
Other additions: Broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts, onion, garlic, ginger, green beans, zucchini, sweet potato, bell pepper, mushrooms, etc.
For more inspiration, also browse all Indian-inspired recipes.
Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium gold potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I use regular, unsweetened)
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. curry powder (1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups peas (I use frozen)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Baby spinach (to stir in at the end)
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Dice carrot and potatoes. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except frozen peas (and spinach if using).
- Bring to a light boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through).
- Stir in frozen peas (and spinach if using). Heat for 2 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Vegetable Coconut Curry Soup recipe, also check out: