Warmly satisfying vegan Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup with a silky, golden broth. Easy to prepare, flavorful, and also just 7 simple ingredients! (Gluten-free & oil-free.)
This simple 7-ingredient soup only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish.
It quickly develops a silky, golden broth that is rich with flavor and packed with veggies.
I enjoy the challenge of making a recipe as easy as possible without skimping on flavor. For this soup you simply:
- Chop a few veggies.
- Add everything together in a pot.
- Then let it simmer to golden perfection.
Ingredients for Vegetable Curry Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Gold potato
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk: I use regular and unsweetened.
- Curry powder
- Peas: I use frozen.
- Optional: fresh spinach + cilantro
Feel free to serve this soup with with warm pita/naan bread because it is lovely dipped in the flavorful, silky broth.
Other additions could include kale, broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts, onion, garlic, ginger, etc.
For more inspiration, also browse all Indian-inspired recipes.
Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium gold potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I use regular, unsweetened)
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. curry powder (1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups peas (I use frozen)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Baby spinach (to stir in at the end)
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Dice carrot and potatoes. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except frozen peas (and spinach if using).
- Bring to a light boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through).
- Stir in frozen peas (and spinach if using). Heat for 2 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Vegetable Curry Soup, also check out: