One pot, 30-minute Kidney Bean Spinach & Orzo Soup! This cozy meal comes together quick (with lots of pantry staples!) for an easy vegan weeknight meal.
Cozy orzo soup! This simple yet satisfying soup is made with many easy pantry staples making it a great choice for weeknights. Plus it's only 10 ingredients, 1 pot, and takes just 30 minutes to prepare.
It's one of my favorites and so warmly comforting on a chilly day.
Ingredients for Bean Orzo Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Kidney beans
- Diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted)
- Vegetable broth
- Orzo pasta
- Fresh baby spinach (or kale)
- Dried oregano & basil
Soup is wonderfully versatile, and the addition of leeks and zucchini are a couple of my favorite variations.
If you're looking for more quick and easy inspiration, also check out 15 Easy Vegan Weeknight Meals.
Kidney Bean, Spinach, & Orzo Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 oz. caned kidney beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup orzo* (uncooked)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, dice carrot and mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add carrots, garlic, basil, and oregano. Stir and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth, and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a light boil.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to pot.
- Add orzo and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until orzo is cooked.
- Stir in spinach during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Kidney Bean Orzo Soup, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)