One pot, 30-minute Kidney Bean Spinach & Orzo Soup! This cozy meal comes together quick (with lots of pantry staples) for an easy vegan lunch or dinner.
This simple yet satisfying orzo soup is made with many easy pantry staples. It is a great choice for weeknights, or a quick lunch or dinner.
Plus it is only 10 ingredients, 1 pot, and takes just 30 minutes to prepare.
It is one of my favorites and so warmly comforting on a chilly day!
Ingredients for Bean Orzo Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Kidney beans
- Canned diced tomatoes: Either regular or fire-roasted.
- Vegetable broth
- Orzo pasta
- Fresh baby spinach: Or you can substitute kale.
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
Soup is wonderfully versatile, so change it up with the vegetables or herbs you love. Leeks and zucchini are a couple of my favorite variations.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan main dish recipes.
Kidney Bean, Spinach, & Orzo Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 oz. caned kidney beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup orzo* (uncooked)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, dice carrot and mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add carrots, garlic, basil, and oregano. Stir and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth, and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a light boil.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to pot.
- Add orzo and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until orzo is cooked.
- Stir in spinach during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Kidney Bean Orzo Soup, also check out:
- Bedtime Golden Turmeric Milk
- Fiesta Three Bean Chili
- Lemon Garlic Orzo with Asparagus
- 15 Easy Vegan Weeknight Meals