An easy vegan quesadilla that replaces processed shredded cheese with whole-food creamy avocado!
- 1/2 avocado (more if you prefer)
- 1 small roma tomato (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice (taco seasoning, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
- Salsa to taste (I like Blender Salsa)
- 1 large tortilla (gluten-free if desired)
On one half of the tortilla, smash avocado with a fork. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and any seasonings on top. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa if using.
Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.
Gluten-free version: Use a GF tortilla.
Calories: 324 kcal | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g | Potassium: 747 mg | Fiber: 12 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 783 IU | Vitamin C: 21 mg | Calcium: 109 mg | Iron: 2 mg