This refreshing, flavorful restaurant-style salsa recipe is made right at home in the blender! It is easy, adaptable and tastes similar to the ones you find at a Mexican restaurant.
This simple recipe for restaurant-style blender salsa only takes 10 minutes and 8 (or less!) ingredients.
It is wonderful all year round, and we enjoy having a batch ready and waiting in the fridge for quick snacks throughout the week.
It is so refreshing, flavorful, and tastes similar to the ones you would find at a Mexican restaurant.
For this restaurant salsa you will need:
- Canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes: If you can't find fire roasted tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes work well too.
- Canned diced green chiles: I use mild. Or you can substitute fresh jalapeño which is fantastic as well.
- Garlic: A little goes a long way since we are using raw garlic.
- Onion: Any color works, but I prefer yellow or sweet.
- Fresh cilantro: This is key for flavor. The more the better in my opinion!
- Fresh lime juice: This helps brighten it up.
- Agave: Or other sweetener of choice, to help balance out the acidity.
- Ground cumin: This isn't totally necessary but I find it is a nice addition.
- Salt: This helps improve the flavors.
If you like your salsa spicy, try adding jalapeño, chipotle, or serrano to taste. Roasted garlic would also be a lovely addition!
How to Make Restaurant Salsa
This is truly one of my all-time favorite recipes because it is so tasty and so easy to make. Simply:
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender: I use a 9-cup food processor.
- Pulse a few times until you reach the desired consistency: Pulse less for a chunky salsa, and more for a smoother salsa.
- Taste and adjust any flavors as needed.
You can serve it right away, but I find it tastes best after it chills in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Ways To Use This Salsa
- As a chip dip with tortilla chips
- For topping tacos (like the Chickpea-Walnut Tacos pictured above)
- In Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers
- With your favorite Burritos or Fajitas
- Or even on breakfast dishes like Tofu Scramble
For more inspiration, browse all sauce and seasoning.
Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- 28 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or regular)
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles, mild (or fresh jalapeño)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more/less to taste)
- Dice onion and mince garlic. (Or simply place in food processor and pulse a few times.)
- Place all ingredients in a large food processor or good blender. (I use my 9 cup food processor.) Blend for about 10 seconds to combine. Blend longer to achieve a smoother consistency, or shorter for chunkier salsa.
- Taste and adjust flavors or add more salt if desired. Can serve right away, but tastes best after it chills for a couple hours or overnight (which also mellows the raw onion & garlic). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this restaurant blender salsa recipe, also check out: