Easy Black Bean & Corn Salsa (or salad) with garlic-lime dressing! Simple to prepare and perfect for parties, picnics, snack spreads, etc.
This Black Bean & Corn Salsa (or salad) is filled with beautiful colors and bright fiesta-style flavors.
Plus it is so versatile.
Enjoy it as a chip dip, all alone as a salad, or scoop it on tacos, burrito bowls, fajitas, or other Mexican-inspired meals, etc.
It is a wonderful make-ahead choice for parties, game day, or snack spreads as it tastes even better after it chills.
Ingredients for Black Bean Corn Salsa
For this recipe you will need:
- Black beans
- Sweet corn
- Orange bell pepper
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Agave (or other sweetener of choice)
- Ground cumin
Add more or less of the ingredients you love, however. Or spice it up with jalapeño or cayenne pepper if you wish.
It is also lovely topped with some freshly diced avocado right before serving!
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn (or grilled/roasted)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 5 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Optional: jalapeño, avocado
For the Garlic-Lime Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Make the dressing: place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Finely dice bell pepper and tomatoes. (I try to dice them about the size of the corn kernels.) Very finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add black beans (rinsed and drained), corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. Adjust flavors/seasonings if desired. (Though flavors will slightly enhance after refrigerating.)
- Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills for at least an hour.
- Be sure to stir before serving as dressing tends to settle at the bottom. (This is also great topped with avocado right before serving!)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this salsa, also feel free to check out:
- Fiesta Guacamole
- Healthy Texas Caviar
- Savory Vegan Chex Mix
- Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad