Easy Black Bean & Corn Salsa (or salad) with garlic-lime dressing! Simple to prepare and perfect for parties, picnics, snack spreads, etc.
This Black Bean & Corn Salsa (or salad) is so easy to make.
It's filled with bright colors, plus plant-based protein and fiber.
And it is so versatile based on the flavors you enjoy.
Plus it is great made ahead of time for parties, game day, or snack spreads because it tastes even better after it chills.
Ingredients for Black Bean Salsa
For this recipe you will need:
- Black beans: I use a 15 ounce can of beans, but you can use freshly cooked beans if desired. You will need about 1 1/2 cups of cooked beans.
- Sweet corn: Either cooked fresh, canned corn, frozen corn, or fire-roasted.
- Orange bell pepper: Or substitute red bell pepper or yellow bell pepper.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes: I use these because they are sweet and flavorful. But you can also use roma tomatoes.
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro: Or fresh parsley, but I prefer cilantro.
- Lime juice
- Garlic clove
- Agave: Or other sweetener of choice.
- Ground cumin
Add more or less of the ingredients you love, however.
Make it spicy: You can also spice up the bean mixture with jalapeño, chili powder, or cayenne pepper to taste.
Enjoy it as a chip dip with your favorite tortilla chips, as a side dish, or salad.
Or you can even scoop it on tacos, burrito bowls, fajitas, or other Mexican-inspired meals, etc.
Avocado: Add some freshly diced avocado right before serving too.
You can serve this immediately, but it tastes best after it chills in the fridge for at least an hour.
Be sure to stir again before serving as the dressing tends to settle at the bottom.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We find it keeps for about 3-4 days.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn (or grilled/roasted)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 5 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Optional: jalapeño, avocado
For the garlic-lime dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Make the dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Finely dice bell pepper and tomatoes. (I try to dice them about the size of the corn kernels.) Very finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add black beans (rinsed and drained), corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. Adjust flavors/seasonings if desired. (Though flavors will slightly enhance after refrigerating.)
- Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills for at least an hour.
- Be sure to stir before serving as dressing tends to settle at the bottom. (This is also great topped with avocado right before serving.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this black bean salsa recipe, also check out:
- Fiesta Guacamole
- Healthy Texas Caviar
- Savory Vegan Chex Mix
- Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad