Easy Black Eyed Pea Salad with crisp, fresh veggies and a tangy garlic-vinegar dressing. Great made ahead of time to enjoy as a side dish, salad, or chip dip! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple Black Eyed Pea Salad is made with crisp vegetables and an easy garlic-vinegar dressing.
It is fresh, tangy, and oil-free.
Plus it is incredibly versatile.
Eat it with a spoon as a side salad, or grab your favorite chips and enjoy it as a dip. (It is great served next to fresh guacamole!)
Ingredients for Black-Eyed Pea Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Black-eyed peas
- Bell pepper: I use orange.
- Red onion
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley or cilantro
- Rice vinegar: I use unseasoned vinegar which does not include added sugar.
- Agave: Or other sweetener of choice.
Also feel free to add jalapeño or cayenne for a kick if desired.
How to Make
Preparation for this dish is quick and easy:
- Rinse and drain black-eyed peas.
- Chop vegetables and herbs.
- Whisk together dressing.
- Then combine everything together!
You can enjoy it immediately, but it tastes best after it chills and marinates in the fridge for a few hours.
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 15 oz. can black-eyed peas
- 1 bell pepper (I use orange)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 4 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes (or 2 roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro (optional but recommended)
For the garlic-vinegar dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Rinse and drain black-eyed peas. Add to a medium bowl.
- Finely dice bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. Roughly chop fresh herbs, large stems removed (if using). Add to bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and stir well to combine.
- Can eat immediately, but best chilled for at least an hour (or up to 24 hours) first. Re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle at bottom. Enjoy it as a salad or chip dip.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Also check out: