Healthy kale "superfood" salad with immune supporting ingredients! Packed with plant-based nourishment to help keep you satisfied yet energized. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This healthy kale "superfood" salad is so fresh and delicious. We keep going back to this combination because it's nutrient-dense, full of immune-supporting ingredients, and pleasantly filling.
Plus it always leaves me feeling light yet energized!
Ingredients for Kale Superfood Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Kale (either lacinato or curly)
- Garbanzo beans (or other bean of choice)
- Red onion
- Cooked quinoa
- Sunflower seeds (or pumpkin, etc.)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
You can try using a base of kale and spinach for this salad as well. My quick and easy go-to balsamic dressing is included below. But change it up with your own favorite if you wish!
Kale Superfood Power Salad
- 1 large bunch kale (or a spinach/kale combo!)
- 1 carrot
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use Love Beets organic cooked beets)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Other additions: avocado, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts
For the balsamic dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste
- Begin cooking quinoa if you haven’t already done so. (I use 3/4 cups vegetable broth for 1/2 cup quinoa.)*
- Make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and gently massage.
- Thinly slice red onion, dice beets, and grate carrot. (I just use my peeler to quickly make shreds.) Place in bowl with kale.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add beans and cooked quinoa to bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss gently to thoroughly combine.
- Top with sunflower seeds (and/or hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Kale Superfood Salad, also feel free to check out:
- Asian Style Chopped Salad
- BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Super Immunity Power Salad with Chia Seed Dressing
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)