This quick & easy vegan Avocado Veggie Sandwich is piled high with fresh vegetables, sprouts, and creamy mashed avocado. Customize as desired or add baked tofu or tempeh for more protein!
This easy (5-10 minute) avocado sandwich is a lunchtime favorite. What makes this sandwich special is the combination of:
- Mashed avocado on one half
- Mustard or hummus on the other half
Not only do they both add tasty flavor, but also act as a helpful "glue" keeping the veggies in place.
Ingredients for Avocado Sandwich
For this recipe you will need:
- Your favorite bread: I use organic whole grain bread when possible.
- Roma tomato
- Red onion
- Fresh baby spinach
- Hummus: Or mustard or other creamy sandwich spread.
- Clover or alfalfa sprouts: Optional, but I really enjoy this addition!
How to Customize
Make it just the way you like it, or add other ingredients such as:
- Thin slices of savory baked tofu or tempeh
- Vegan mayo: Or your own favorite sandwich spread.
- Vegan cheese slices
- Any of your own favorite veggies
It is a great choice for packed lunches, picnics, and quick meals at home.
For more inspiration, browse all 15 minute recipes.
Avocado Veggie Sandwich
- 2 slices of your favorite bread* (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small roma tomato
- Red onion (a few slices)
- Cucumber (a few slices)
- Small handful baby spinach
- Favorite hummus or mustard (spicy brown, Dijon, etc.)
- Optional: alfalfa/clover sprouts, sauerkraut, grated carrot, other veggies of choice, or baked tofu
- Lightly toast your bread (if desired).
- Meanwhile, slice tomato, cucumber, and onion.
- With a fork, mash avocado on one slice of toasted bread.
- On the other slice, spread mustard (or hummus, etc.)
- Layer your veggies between the two slices, place halves together, and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Avocado Veggie Sandwich, also check out: