Fun and colorful Mexican-inspired Quinoa Stuffed Peppers! Seasoned quinoa, black beans, and corn are stuffed into pretty pepper packages for an awesome, healthy meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
These Mexican-style quinoa stuffed peppers are such a satisfying meal. They combine beans, quinoa, fresh veggies, spices, and salsa for a flavorful filling. Then it's stuffed in a pretty pepper package!
Plus they're so quick and easy to prepare. By the time it takes the quinoa to cook, everything is prepped and ready to go. Then just let the oven do the work.
Ingredients for Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
For this recipe you will need:
- Bell peppers (find large ones with room for stuffing!)
- Black beans
- White quinoa
- Sweet corn (freshly cooked, canned, or frozen)
- Green onion (scallion)
- Nutritional yeast
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Try pinto beans instead of black beans
- Add a can of diced tomatoes for a juicier filling (we really enjoy this)
- Use rice instead of quinoa
- Add spiciness with chipotle, more chili powder, etc.
- Change up the seasonings as desired
Serving Your Peppers
Add your favorite toppings before serving such as:
- Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- Avocado slices or creamy guacamole
- Vegan cheese shreds or cheese sauce
- Vegan sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro or green onions
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa (I like homemade blender salsa)
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
Toppings of choice (optional):
- Guacamole, salsa, vegan cheese or sour cream, hot sauce, fresh cilantro, etc.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions with 1 1/2 cups water/broth. (I often use vegetable broth in place of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, halve bell peppers and remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Rinse and drain black beans, thaw corn, and slice green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except bell peppers. Stir to combine, and adjust taste if necessary (salt, more seasonings, nutritional yeast).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a 9×13″ baking dish, place pepper halves, and generously stuff them with the quinoa filling. Lightly press down to compact and fill all the crevices.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 10 minutes more. (Or longer for softer peppers.)
- Serve with any desired toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying these Mexican quinoa stuffed peppers, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)