Classic guacamole gets a fiesta-style twist with black beans and sweet corn! Super tasty, plus quick and easy to prepare. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Grab your favorite tortilla chips and let's dive in to this tasty black bean guacamole!
Classic, creamy guacamole gets a fun and colorful fiesta-style twist with this recipe.
We add hearty black beans for plant-based protein and fiber, plus delicious cooked corn for sweetness.
Ingredients for Black Bean Guacamole
For this recipe you will stir together in a small bowl:
- Ripe avocados: I use three large Hass avocados for this recipe. If you purchase hard, unripe avocados, you can store them at room temperature for up to a week. The skin color will darken as they ripen. If you have soft, ripe avocados that you aren't ready to use yet, you may store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. (This will help halt the ripening process.)
- Black beans: This adds delicious, hearty texture and plant-based protein and fiber to the dish.
- Sweet corn: Either cooked fresh, canned, thawed frozen corn, fire-roasted, etc.
- Grape tomatoes: Or cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, etc.
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro: Simply omit this if you are not a fan.
- Fresh lime juice: I use about 2 tablespoons, but use more or less depending on how tangy you like yours.
- Salt: I use fine-grain salt for this recipe. A little salt helps to bring out all the flavors.
Change up this recipe with other flavors as you see fit. A few ideas include:
- Ground cumin: Start with about 1/4 teaspoon and increase as desired.
- Minced garlic clove: Or a shake or two of garlic powder.
- Finely diced jalapeno peppers: Or serrano pepper.
- Chipotle in adobo: For spicy and smoky flavor. (Just be sure to start small as it is strong!)
- Cayenne pepper or chili powder: Add a dash or two to taste for more flavor and spice.
- Vegan sour cream: For an even creamier texture, fold in a dollop of vegan sour cream to the mixture as well.
Transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
You may also top the guacamole directly with plastic wrap to help keep it from browning if desired.
We find it keeps well in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
Black Bean Guacamole with Corn
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 2/3 cup sweet corn, cooked
- 5 oz. grape tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- 1 jalapeño (finely diced), 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, minced garlic, etc.
- Place avocado (peeled and pitted) in a bowl and mash with fork or masher to desired consistency.
- Finely dice tomatoes and onion. Chop cilantro, large stems removed. Add to bowl.
- Add black beans (rinsed and drained), corn, 2 Tbsp. lime juice (more/less as desired), and salt to bowl. Gently stir to combine.
- Taste and season more lime juice, cilantro, or extra salt to bring out the flavors. (I love the cumin addition.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this black bean and corn guacamole, also check out: