A quick and easy vegan Avocado Quesadilla recipe! This healthier, dairy-free quesadilla replaces cheese with creamy plant-based avocado instead. Plus it only takes 10 minutes to prepare! (Vegan, gluten-free option.)
Quesadillas were always a quick and easy meal for us, but when I stopped eating dairy cheese, well… so went the quesadillas.
I desperately wanted them back in my life and although an obvious substitution would be vegan cheese, this seemed like it could be a job for avocados.
Turns out it's a great replacement! I like that they're healthier than cheese quesadillas, and I think they taste even better.
These are easy to customize with your own favorite additions. A few ideas include:
Beans: Add cooked black beans, pinto beans, white beans, etc.
Veggies: Cooked sweet corn, fire-roasted corn, sautéed onions, bell pepper, etc.
Spices + seasonings: Taco seasoning, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, etc. are flavorful additions as well.
Tip: Or you can simply replace the cheese with avocado in any of your own favorite quesadillas!
For more inspiration, also browse all 15 minutes or less recipes.
- 1/2 avocado (more if you prefer)
- 1 small roma tomato (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice (taco seasoning, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
- Salsa to taste (I like Blender Salsa)
- 1 large tortilla (gluten-free if desired)
- On one half of the tortilla, smash avocado with a fork. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and any seasonings on top. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa if using.
- Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy vegan Avocado Quesadilla, also feel free to check out:
- Roasted Vegetable Wrap with White Bean Spread
- Vegan Pizza Quinoa Casserole
- Spinach Tomato Pesto Quesadilla