Quick and easy Vegan Avocado Quesadilla! A healthier version of quesadillas that replaces cheese with creamy plant-based avocado instead.
Quesadillas were always a quick and easy go-to meal for us, but when I stopped eating cheese, well… so went the quesadillas.
I desperately wanted them back in my life and although an obvious substitution would be vegan cheese, this seemed like it could be a job for avocados.
Turns out it is a great replacement! I like that they are healthier than cheese quesadillas, and I think they taste even better.
Add black beans, sweet corn, or your own favorite quesadilla additions. Various seasonings such as smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, etc. are flavorful additions as well.
Or you can simply replace the cheese with avocado in any of your own favorite quesadillas!
For more inspiration, also browse all 15 minutes or less recipes.
- 1/2 avocado (more if you prefer)
- 1 small roma tomato (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice (I love smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
- Salsa to taste (like this Blender Salsa)
- 1 large tortilla
- Smash avocado and spread out on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and any seasonings. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa. (Or save the salsa for dipping!)
- Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy vegan Avocado Quesadilla, also feel free to check out:
- Roasted Vegetable Wrap with White Bean Spread
- Vegan Pizza Quinoa Casserole
- Spinach Tomato Pesto Quesadilla
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.