Quick and easy Vegan Avocado Quesadilla! A healthier, dairy-free version of quesadillas that replaces cheese with creamy plant-based avocado instead. Plus it only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
Quesadillas were always a quick and easy meal for us, but when I stopped eating dairy cheese, well… so went the quesadillas.
I desperately wanted them back in my life and although an obvious substitution would be vegan cheese, this seemed like it could be a job for avocados.
Turns out it is a great replacement! I like that they are healthier than cheese quesadillas, and I think they taste even better.
Plus these are very easy to customize with your own favorite additions. A few ideas include:
Beans: Add cooked black beans, pinto beans, white beans, etc.
Veggies: Cooked sweet corn, fire-roasted corn, sautéed onions, bell pepper, etc.
Spices + seasonings: Taco seasoning, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, etc. are flavorful additions as well.
Or you can simply replace the cheese with avocado in any of your own favorite quesadillas!
For more inspiration, also browse all 15 minutes or less recipes.
- 1/2 avocado (more if you prefer)
- 1 small roma tomato (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice (taco seasoning, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
- Salsa to taste (I like Blender Salsa)
- 1 large tortilla (gluten-free if desired)
- On one half of the tortilla, smash avocado with a fork. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and any seasonings on top. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa if using.
- Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy vegan Avocado Quesadilla, also feel free to check out:
- Roasted Vegetable Wrap with White Bean Spread
- Vegan Pizza Quinoa Casserole
- Spinach Tomato Pesto Quesadilla
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.