This summer avocado salad combines fresh sweet corn, cucumber, tomato, and herbs, and is then tossed in a delightful lemon-garlic dressing. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This salad is summer in a bowl!
Fresh sweet corn, tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad.
It is tossed in an easy but flavorful lemon garlic dressing.
Make it an hour or two beforehand, and then let it chill and marinate for enhanced flavor if desired.
Ingredients for Avocado Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Large ear of corn: Or about 1 cup cooked corn.
- Fresh parsley: Or cilantro, basil, dill, etc.
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
Play around with your own favorite herbs (or also use a combination of parsley, basil, cilantro, and dill).
You can also use canned corn, frozen corn (thawed), or grilled corn in place of cooking a fresh ear of corn.
Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (about 10 oz. or 2 cups halved)
- 1 medium cucumber (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ear of corn (or 1 cup cooked corn)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (or cilantro, basil, dill, etc.)
- Optional: green onion, red onion, etc.
For the lemon-garlic dressing:
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Shuck and cook your corn.* When cooked, carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and avocado. Halve tomatoes (or quarter if they're large). Add to a large bowl with the corn.
- Roughly chop parsley (large stems removed) and add to bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour over salad.
- Lightly toss to combine. Adjust if necessary with more salt, herbs, garlic, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this summer avocado salad, also feel free to check out: