This fresh avocado salad combines sweet corn, cucumber, tomato, and herbs. Then it's tossed in a simple lemon-garlic dressing. So easy to prepare, and a wonderful taste of summer! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This avocado corn salad recipe is summer in a bowl!
Sweet corn on the cob, tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh herbs are such delicious seasonal flavors.
Then we toss it in an easy but tasty lemon garlic dressing.
It's a perfect side dish for summer get-togethers, picnics, potlucks, and more.
Ingredients for Avocado Corn Salad
For this recipe you will gently toss in a large bowl:
- Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes: I use these because they are sweet and flavorful. But you can substitute roma tomatoes or other garden tomatoes if desired.
- Cucumber: Either hothouse/English cucumber or garden cucumber.
- Large ear of corn: Or simply about one cup cooked corn kernels. I usually steam a fresh ear of corn in a steamer basket for this recipe, then carefully cut off the kernels with a sharp knife.
- Fresh parsley: Or other herbs such as cilantro, basil, dill, chives, etc.
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice: Or you can substitute lime juice and lime zest instead of lemon if desired.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh garlic clove
- Salt: Just a pinch helps to bring out all the flavors. You can also include black pepper if desired.
Herbs: Play around with your own favorite fresh herbs, or whatever is available. You could also use a combination of parsley, basil, cilantro, and dill.
Veggies: You can also include bell pepper, red onion, green onion, or others as you see fit.
Sweet corn: You can also use canned corn, frozen corn (thawed), or grilled corn in place of cooking a fresh ear of corn.
Let it marinate: This salad tastes even better after it chills in the fridge for an hour or two.
Ways to enjoy: You can also serve it as a dip with tortilla chips, on dishes like tacos, or simply garnished with vegan feta cheese.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We find it keeps for about 2-3 days.
Tip: Add your avocado right before serving to help prevent it from browning.
Avocado Corn Salad
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (about 10 oz. or 2 cups halved)
- 1 medium cucumber (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 large ear of corn (or 1 cup cooked corn)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (or cilantro, basil, dill, etc.)
- Optional: green onion, red onion, etc.
For the lemon-garlic dressing:
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Shuck and cook your corn.* When cooked, carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and avocado (peeled and pitted). Halve/quarter tomatoes. Add to a medium bowl with the corn.
- Roughly chop parsley (large stems removed) and add to bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour over salad.
- Lightly toss to combine. Adjust if necessary with more salt, herbs, garlic, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this summer avocado corn salad recipe with cucumber, also feel free to check out:
- Vegan Taco Salad with Creamy Southwestern Dressing
- Cucumber Salad
- Berry Crunch Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- Wild Rice Spinach Salad