Fresh and healthy Mexican-style Quinoa Salad with cumin lime dressing! Nutrient packed and also great for take-along lunches and meal prep. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This Mexican-inspired quinoa salad is so fresh, plus quick and easy to prepare. I really enjoy the variety of flavors and colors.
It is light and healthy yet satisfying and nourishing. The cumin-lime dressing adds such tasty flavor.
Plus you can make it ahead of time, so it is a great choice for meal prep, BBQs, potlucks, etc. The flavors get even better after it chills in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for Mexican Quinoa Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- White quinoa
- Black beans
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Orange bell pepper
- Sweet corn: Either cooked fresh, canned, fire-roasted, or you can thaw frozen corn.
- Green onion (scallion)
- Fresh cilantro
- Ground cumin + garlic + lime juice (for the dressing)
Feel free to add some creamy avocado right before serving if desired.
Mexican Quinoa Salad with Cumin-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Optional: avocado for serving
For the cumin-lime dressing:
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp. or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional: olive oil, lime zest
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. (Feel free to use broth instead of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Dice the bell pepper, slice the green onions, quarter the cherry tomatoes, and chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa with all other salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill first for flavors to blend.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Mexican Quinoa Salad, also check out: