This Cilantro Lime Brown Rice is a perfect side dish for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired meals. Plus it's super simple to prepare! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple Cilantro Lime Rice is a beautiful pairing for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired dishes.
We love it with many, but especially these Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas. It's light and absolutely delicious when it mingles with the homemade enchilada sauce.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
To make this rice, simply:
- Rinse and cook your rice
- Chop cilantro
- Combine cooked rice, cilantro, citrus juice, and salt in a bowl
- Toss to combine
If you like bolder lime flavor, add a touch more lime juice or even some lime zest.
Plus you can also toss in other additions such as green onions, garlic (either fresh minced cloves or dried powder), sweet corn, black beans, etc. It's a fun recipe to play around with depending on your preferences.
For more inspiration, browse all side dish recipes!
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice* (or white)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest, 2 green onions, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic, sweet corn, black beans
- Rinse and cook rice according to package instructions.*
- Meanwhile, finely chop cilantro (large stems removed).
- In a medium bowl, add cooked rice, chopped cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add more salt to taste if desired (the flavors taste best when sufficiently salted!) or any optional flavors/additions.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Cilantro Lime Brown Rice, also check out:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.