This Roasted Veggie Wrap recipe combines balsamic roasted vegetables, creamy hummus, and fresh spinach. It's healthy, easy, and incredibly customizable! (Vegan with gluten-free & oil-free options.)
This recipe combines tender balsamic roasted veggies, creamy hummus, and fresh spinach. Then it's all wrapped up for an easy, healthy meal.
The flavor of oven-roasted vegetables is amazing. Plus it's easy to change up with your own favorites or what's currently in season!
This simple recipe is great for lunch or dinner at home or even a take-along meal on the go. See the notes below for ideas on the many (many!) customizations you can make.
Ingredients for Roasted Veggie Wrap
For this recipe you will need:
- Asparagus: You'll need about 5 ounces fresh asparagus spears (woody ends removed). Personally I enjoy medium-sized spears. Peak asparagus season is usually March through early summer. This is when you'll find the flavors and nutrients are at their highest, and cost is generally the lowest.
- Mushrooms: Most of the time I use cremini mushrooms, but white button work great too.
- Red bell pepper: Or use yellow bell pepper or orange bell pepper instead.
- Zucchini: You'll need one small to medium zucchini for this recipe, or roughly 6 to 8 ounces.
- Balsamic vinegar: We'll toss the veggies with 1.5 tablespoons vinegar before roasting. This gives them a hint of tangy sweet balsamic flavor. Feel free to use more or less as desired however.
- Garlic powder: This is to lightly season the roasted veggies. You can also add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Hummus: I use a food processor to whip up my creamy oil-free homemade hummus, but you can use store-bought or your own favorite.
- Fresh baby spinach: I include this for the nutrients and fresh, tender crunch and texture. Feel free to replace it with your own favorite leafy greens, baby kale, arugula, etc.
- Tortillas: I try to find organic whole grain tortilla wraps when possible. Be sure to use gluten-free if needed.
Tip: I enjoy this particular combination of veggies because they have a similar roasting time.
Vegetables: Change it up with your own favorites or whatever is in season. Eggplant, yellow summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, onion, etc.
Hummus: Instead of the plain version, try flavored varieties like Chipotle Taco Hummus, Lemon Dill Hummus, or Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus.
More protein: Add crispy baked tofu, tempeh bacon, chickpeas, or other beans to your wrap.
Herbs + seasoning: Add other dried seasonings to the roasted veggies. Toss them with onion powder, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, oregano, smoked paprika, etc. (Or spread a little Cashew Pesto for herby flavor!)
Oil-free option: The hummus and roasted veggies are oil-free. Store-bought tortillas are tricky to find oil-free, so you can make your own if needed.
Make it crispy! Place your finished wrap on a grill pan on the stove over medium to medium-high heat. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
Fresh veggies: Before wrapping, add sprouts, fresh tomato, carrot shreds, olives, green onion, chives, avocado, leafy greens, or whatever else sounds good.
Sauce & dressing: Drizzle it with Vegan Ranch Dressing, Creamy Italian Dressing, Chipotle Crema (for smoky spice), Vegan Big Mac Sauce, mustard, etc.
Make it cheesy: Add your favorite dairy-free cheese like mozzarella, Vegan Parmesan Cheese, or vegan feta cheese crumbles.
Grill it! Don't want to turn your oven on? Try a grilled veggie wrap instead of roasted. This is a great option for summer!
Store wrapped: Build your roasted vegetable wrap, then save it in the refrigerator for later. This preparation is best enjoyed within a day so it doesn't get too soggy. It's a great option for take-along lunches! Enjoy it cold, or warm it in the microwave.
Store separately: You can also store roasted veggies, hummus, and wraps separately in airtight containers in the fridge. Then assemble when ready to enjoy.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan lunch recipes.
Roasted Veggie Wrap with Hummus
For the roasted vegetables:
- 5 oz. asparagus (woody ends removed)
- 5 oz. mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini (about 6-8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
For the rest:
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 medium tortilla wraps (gluten-free if needed)
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Prepare veggies: Cut asparagus into about 1.5-inch pieces. Slice mushrooms. Cut bell pepper and zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and salt/pepper to taste. Toss well to coat.
- Roast veggies: Spread veggies evenly on lined baking pan. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Assemble wraps: Spread a layer of hummus (about 2 Tbsp. or more) down the center of your tortilla. Top with spinach and roasted veggies. Add any other toppings of choice. Then tuck in both ends, and tightly wrap up.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this vegan roasted veggie wrap recipe with hummus and balsamic vegetables, also check out: