Energizing, nutrient-packed Avocado Quinoa Kale Salad! Only 9 ingredients and full of delicious plant-based nourishment (plus it’s vegan, gluten-free, oil-free!)
I love plant-based power meals, especially when it includes the magical combination of quinoa and avocado. I adapted this recipe from one of our favorites: the Quinoa Avocado Spinach Salad. However, the spinach is replaced with kale & hemp hearts. A different nutrient-packed combo, but just as delicious and energizing!
For a different flavor profile however, simply substitute the vinegar with fresh lemon or lime juice. This recipe is also awesome for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. (which makes it a great make-ahead option). And if you’re looking for more salad inspiration, here are a few more favorites:
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
Greek Farro Salad
Kale Greek Salad
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Avocado Quinoa Kale Power Salad
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups kale (or more)
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I use this brand)
For the dressing
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions in 1 1/2 cups water (I often use a little less water to create fluffier quinoa).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl stir together ingredients and set aside.
- Roughly chop or tear the kale into small pieces, stems removed, and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the green onions, halve/quarter the tomatoes, and dice the avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the large bowl with kale.
- Add the green onions, tomatoes, hemp hearts, and dressing. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend more.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Avocado Quinoa Kale Salad, also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives!
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)