Energizing, nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Kale Salad! Only 9 ingredients and full of delicious plant-based nourishment. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
I love plant-based power meals! Especially when it includes the magical combination of quinoa + avocado. I adapted this from one of our favorite recipes: Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad. I simply replaced the spinach with kale & hemp hearts for a different nutrient-packed combo. Delicious and energizing!
It’s also awesome for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. For an alternate flavor profile, substitute the vinegar with fresh lemon juice! (Or simply squeeze some on top before serving.) Hope you enjoy!
Quinoa Avocado Kale Power Salad
Energizing, nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Kale Salad! Only 9 ingredients and full of delicious plant-based nourishment.
Servings:6 medium bowls
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups kale (or more)
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I use this brand)
For the dressing
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions in 1 1/2 cups water (I often use a little less water to create fluffier quinoa).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl stir together ingredients and set aside.
- Roughly chop or tear the kale into small pieces, stems removed, and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the green onions, halve/quarter the tomatoes, and dice the avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the large bowl with kale.
- Add the green onions, tomatoes, hemp hearts, and dressing. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend more.
Serves about 8-10 as a small side dish.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 653mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2615IU | Vitamin C: 43.4mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3.2mg
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)