Energizing and nutrient-packed Avocado Quinoa Kale Salad! Only 9 ingredients and full of delicious plant-based nourishment (plus it’s vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free!)
I love plant-based power meals, especially when it includes the magical combination of quinoa and avocado. I adapted this recipe from one of our favorites: the Quinoa Avocado Spinach Salad. However, the spinach is replaced with kale & hemp hearts. A different nutrient-packed combo, but just as delicious and energizing!
For a different flavor profile however, simply substitute the vinegar with fresh lemon or lime juice. This recipe is also awesome for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. (which makes it a great make-ahead option). And if you’re looking for more salad inspiration, here are a few more favorites:
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Avocado Quinoa Kale Power Salad
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups kale (or more)
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
For the dressing
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions in 1 1/2 cups water (I often use a little less water to create fluffier quinoa).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl stir together ingredients and set aside.
- Roughly chop or tear the kale into small pieces, stems removed, and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the green onions, halve/quarter the tomatoes, and dice the avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the large bowl with kale.
- Add the green onions, tomatoes, hemp hearts, and dressing. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend more.