This nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad only takes 25 minutes to make! It is full of healthy, energizing, plant-based goodness. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This quinoa avocado power salad is so fresh and tasty!
Fluffy white quinoa, spinach, and juicy tomatoes combine with creamy avocado.
It is nourishing, pleasantly filling, and feels so energizing.
Plus it is easy to make and only 25 minutes to prepare!
Ingredients for Quinoa Avocado Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- White quinoa
- Fresh baby spinach
- Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes: I like these because they are sweet and flavorful, but you could substitute roma tomatoes or ripe garden tomatoes.
- Green onion (scallion): Or substitute finely diced red onion for a stronger taste.
- Red wine vinegar: Or substitute fresh lemon juice or lime juice instead. You could also include lemon or lime zest for added flavor.
- Garlic cloves: Or 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder.
The dressing is made oil-free, however feel free to whisk in a tablespoon of olive oil if preferred.
This dish is versatile, so play around with different variations and flavors!
Protein: Tossing in chickpeas, white beans, or seeds will add even more plant-based protein and fiber.
Herbs: Add fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or basil for added taste before serving. Or you can also add dried herbs to the dressing. (Dijon mustard is also a tasty addition to the dressing.)
Veggies: Cucumber or red bell pepper is great for added crunch.
Vegan cheese: Sprinkle vegan feta cheese crumbles on top before serving if desired.
This quinoa salad makes a great take-along lunch that you can make ahead of time and store in the fridge.
It also works great for meal prep, picnics, potlucks, parties, etc. It's great as a main dish or side dish.
Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
We find they keep for about 3-4 days. However you can save the avocado to add right before serving to help keep it fresh.
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 avocados
- 3 oz. baby spinach (more if desired)
- 8 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Cucumber, fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, etc.), lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 1 tsp. dried oregano/basil
- Rinse and cook quinoa*.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic, and add to spinach.
- Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes, slice green onions, and dice avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately add it to the large bowl with spinach & garlic. Toss well to combine. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the garlic.)
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, red wine vinegar, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend/intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad, also check out: