This nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad only takes 25 minutes to make! It is full of healthy, energizing, plant-based goodness. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This quinoa avocado power salad is so fresh and tasty!
Fluffy white quinoa, spinach, and juicy tomatoes combine with creamy avocado.
It is nourishing, pleasantly filling, and feels so energizing.
Plus it is easy to make and only 25 minutes to prepare!
Ingredients for Quinoa Avocado Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- White quinoa
- Fresh baby spinach
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Green onion (scallion)
- Red wine vinegar
This dish is versatile, so play around with different variations and flavors.
Add beans or seeds for additional protein, or fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or basil for added freshness.
It makes a great take-along lunch that you can make ahead of time and store in the fridge.
It also works great for picnics, potlucks, parties, etc.
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 avocados
- 3 oz. baby spinach (more if desired)
- 8 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Cucumber, fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, etc.), lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 1 tsp. dried oregano/basil
- Rinse and cook quinoa*.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic, and add to spinach.
- Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes, slice green onions, and dice avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately add it to the large bowl with spinach & garlic. Toss well to combine. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the garlic.)
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, red wine vinegar, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend/intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad, also check out: