Easy 30-minute vegan Orzo Salad with fresh spinach, juicy tomatoes, and a garlic-vinegar dressing! Quick to prepare and only 7 simple ingredients.
This light and fresh orzo tomato salad is such an easy dish to prepare and it only takes 7 ingredients and 30 minutes. It's made with fresh spinach, juicy tomatoes, and a simple garlic-vinegar dressing.
Plus it's even better when made ahead of time, giving the flavors a chance to blend and intensify after chilling in the fridge. It's also great for meal prep, take-along lunches, and summer get-togethers as well.
Ingredients for Orzo Spinach Salad
For this recipe you'll need:
- Orzo pasta
- Fresh baby spinach
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Green onion (scallion)
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried basil
Kalamata olives and/or vegan feta add a great, salty pop of flavor as well!
It's a lovely dish to enjoy year round. Just be sure to find ripe, juicy tomatoes that are full of flavor because it can make all the difference.
Orzo Salad with Spinach & Tomato
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- Optional: kalamata olives or vegan feta add a great, salty pop of flavor
For the garlic-vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook orzo: boil 2 cups water with some salt. Add 1 cup orzo, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk/stir to combine. Set aside.
- Halve/quarter the tomatoes. Slice green onions. Roughly chop spinach if desired.
- In a large bowl place spinach, tomatoes, and green onion.
- When orzo is cooked, drain and immediately add to bowl. Stir well for a minute. (The heat from the orzo will lightly wilt the spinach.)
- Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Recommended: cover and let sit in fridge for an hour before serving so the flavors get a chance to blend and intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Orzo Spinach Salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)