EASY 30-minute vegan Orzo Salad with a bright color pop from spinach and tomatoes! Super quick, fresh, and only 7 simple ingredients!
I love color-coordinating food with the holidays! This dish makes me think happy Christmas thoughts with that beautiful red & green on a white orzo backdrop. Even though it may be a bit of a non-traditional dish, it’s a fun way to change up your holiday meal game – the color burst makes it feel so festive!
It’s an easy dish to make (only 7 ingredients and 30 minutes!) and is actually even better when made ahead of time, giving the flavors a chance to blend and intensify. (Which is of course perfect for those summer get-togethers as well.) It’s such a lovely, easy dish to enjoy all year round. Just be sure to find ripe, juicy tomatoes which makes all the difference! Hope you love it as much as we do.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Orzo Salad with Spinach & Tomato
- 1 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook orzo: boil 2 cups water with some salt. Add 1 cup orzo, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mince garlic. Add garlic, vinegar, basil, and salt to a small bowl. Whisk/stir to combine. Set aside.
- Halve/quarter the tomatoes. Slice green onions. Roughly chop spinach if desired.
- In a large bowl place spinach, tomatoes, and green onion.
- When orzo is cooked, drain and immediately add to bowl. Stir well for a minute. (The heat from the orzo will lightly wilt the spinach.)
- Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Recommended: cover and let sit in fridge for an hour before serving – the flavors get a chance to blend and intensify!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Orzo Spinach Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more fresh plant based inspiration!