Easy 30-minute vegan Orzo Salad with fresh spinach, juicy tomatoes, and a garlic-vinegar dressing! Quick to prepare and only 7 simple ingredients.
This light and fresh orzo tomato salad is such an easy dish to prepare and it only takes 7 ingredients and 30 minutes.
It is made with fresh spinach, juicy tomatoes, and a simple garlic-vinegar dressing.
Plus it is even better when made ahead of time, giving the flavors a chance to blend and intensify after chilling in the fridge.
It is also great for meal prep, take-along lunches, and summer get-togethers as well.
Ingredients for Orzo Spinach Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Orzo pasta
- Fresh baby spinach
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Green onion (scallion)
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried basil
Kalamata olives and/or vegan feta add a great, salty pop of flavor as well!
It is a lovely dish to enjoy year round.
Just be sure to find ripe, juicy tomatoes that are full of flavor because it can make all the difference.
For more inspiration, browse all orzo recipes.
Orzo Salad with Spinach & Tomato
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- Optional: kalamata olives or vegan feta add a great, salty pop of flavor
For the garlic-vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook orzo: boil 2 cups water with some salt. Add 1 cup orzo, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk/stir to combine. Set aside.
- Halve/quarter the tomatoes. Slice green onions. Roughly chop spinach if desired.
- In a large bowl place spinach, tomatoes, and green onion.
- When orzo is cooked, drain and immediately add to bowl. Stir well for a minute. (The heat from the orzo will lightly wilt the spinach.)
- Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Recommended: cover and let sit in fridge for an hour before serving so the flavors get a chance to blend and intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Orzo Spinach Salad, also check out: