I often use hothouse cucumbers, but it’s a fantastic recipe for those garden-fresh cucumbers and tomatoes if you have them. Plus it’s incredibly versatile and works with any tomatoes you have on hand. Roma, cherry, grape, beefsteak, etc. Have fun experimenting with other herbs as well, especially fresh ones if you have them!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
- 2 large English cucumbers
- 1/2 onion
- 4 roma tomatoes
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slice the cucumbers and onion. Dice tomatoes, removing excess juice. Place in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat. Salt/pepper to taste if needed.
- Best if refrigerated for at least an hour to let the flavors combine.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
12+ Fresh, Colorful salads