Summertime classic! Cucumber Tomato Salad with tangy white wine vinegar dressing. So simple, crisp, and refreshing!
This easy cucumber salad has been a summertime staple for years. So simple, yet so flavorful! I crave the crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and tangy vinaigrette. Plus I love how fast it comes together. It’s a beautiful dish to make use of garden or farmer’s market produce. Such a refreshing summer treat!
How to Make Cucumber Salad
I often use hothouse cucumbers as well, but it’s a fantastic recipe for garden-fresh cucumbers and tomatoes if you have them. Plus it’s incredibly versatile and works with any tomatoes you have on hand. (Roma, cherry, grape, beefsteak, etc.) Just be sure to find ripe, flavorful ones as it can make all the difference. Have fun experimenting with other herbs as well, especially fresh if you have them. Parsley and basil are lovely additions and enhance the freshness even more. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
- 2 large English cucumbers (or other cucumber)
- 1/2 onion (any color)
- 4 roma tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional, omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (or sub fresh herbs of choice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slice the cucumbers and onion. Dice tomatoes, removing excess juice. Place in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat. Salt/pepper to taste if needed.
- Best if refrigerated for at least an hour to let the flavors combine.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Cucumber Tomato Salad? Feel free to browse through the full “Vegan Salad” recipes archives on the site for more plant-based inspiration to keep the salads flowing!
Or these other favorites:
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad
Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette