This Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe with tangy vinegar dressing is a summertime classic. So simple, crisp, and utterly refreshing!
This easy cucumber salad recipe has been a summertime staple for years. It's incredibly simple, yet so flavorful with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and a tangy vinaigrette.
It's a great seasonal dish to make in the summer because of the abundance of garden produce at peak flavor.
Ingredients for Cucumber Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Cucumber (I use English/hothouse, but regular garden cucumbers work well too)
- Onion (any color: yellow, white, red)
- Ripe roma tomatoes (or grape, cherry, beefsteak, etc.)
- White wine vinegar (or substitute red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- Olive oil (can omit for oil-free)
- Dried oregano (or fresh herbs like dill, parsley, basil, etc.)
I often use hothouse cucumbers, but it's a fantastic recipe for garden-fresh cucumbers and tomatoes if you have them. Just be sure to find ripe, flavorful produce because it can make all the difference.
Fresh dill, parsley, or basil are also lovely additions and enhance the freshness even more.
- 2 large cucumbers (English/hothouse or garden)
- 1/2 small onion (any color)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry tomatoes)
For the vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional, omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (or fresh herbs*)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slice the cucumbers and onion. Dice tomatoes, removing excess juice. Place in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine. Salt/pepper further to taste if desired.
- Can enjoy immediately, but best if refrigerated in a sealed container for at least an hour to let the flavors combine.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this salad, also check out:
- Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Asian Style Chopped Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)