The rainbow colors, simple sesame vinaigrette, and crisp Asian-style veggies keep me coming back for more. It’s another great dish to make ahead of time if needed (just store the dressing and salad in separate containers until you’re ready to serve). Slivered almonds are the perfect addition for crunch and protein boost!
Note: for an even bigger flavor boost, you could try this salad with a thinned out version of this creamy Thai Peanut Sauce with garlic & ginger!
Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: I highly recommend adding sliced/slivered almonds as well!
For the Sesame dressing
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Optional: minced garlic or ginger
- Chop romaine and cabbage. Place in a large bowl.
- Slice snow peas and green onions. Dice bell pepper, slice carrots, and roughly chop cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with additional sesame seeds if desired. (Or slivered almonds!)