Crisp & fresh Asian-inspired Chopped Salad recipe with an easy sesame vinaigrette! Great make-ahead dish for picnics, potlucks, gatherings and take-along lunches. (Vegan & gluten-free)
This Asian-inspired Chopped Salad is so fresh and delicious! Chopped salads are my favorite because you can just grab a spoon and dig in. So many textures and flavors in every bite.
This salad combines rainbow colors, a simple sesame vinaigrette, and crisp Asian-style vegetables.
Ingredients for Asian-Inspired Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Purple cabbage
- Snow peas (or sugar snap)
- Green onion (scallion)
- Shredded carrot
- Fresh cilantro
- Rice vinegar (I use unseasoned)
- Toasted sesame oil
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
- Pure maple syrup
- Sesame seeds
Slivered almonds, crushed peanuts, or roasted cashews are also a great addition for crunch and protein.
This is a nice dish for picnics, potlucks, gatherings, and take-along lunches. It's lovely made ahead of time if needed. (Just store the dressing and salad in separate containers, then toss together when you're ready to serve.)
For bigger flavor and heartiness, you could also try this salad with a thinned out version of this creamy Peanut Sauce with garlic & ginger.
Asian-Style Chopped Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: I highly recommend adding peanuts or sliced/slivered almonds as well!
For the Sesame Dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (I use unseasoned)
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Optional: minced garlic or freshly grated ginger
- Chop romaine and cabbage. Place in a large bowl.
- Slice snow peas and green onions. Dice bell pepper, slice carrots, and roughly chop cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with additional sesame seeds if desired. (Or slivered almonds for crunch.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Asian-Style Chopped Salad recipe, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)