Crisp & fresh Asian-inspired Chopped Salad with an easy sesame vinaigrette! Great make-ahead dish for picnics, potlucks, gatherings and take-along lunches. (Vegan & gluten-free)
Hope you’re ready because here comes another salad! Chopped salads are my favorite because you can just grab a spoon and dig right in. So many textures and flavors in every bite.
In this one, the rainbow colors, simple sesame vinaigrette, and crisp Asian-inspired vegetables keep me coming back for more.
This is also a great dish for picnics, potlucks, gatherings, and take-along lunches. It’s lovely made ahead of time if needed. (Just store the dressing and salad in separate containers, then toss together when you’re ready to serve.) Slivered almonds, crushed peanuts, or roasted cashews are the perfect addition for crunch and a protein boost!
For bigger flavor and heartiness, you could try this salad with a thinned out version of this creamy Peanut Sauce with garlic & ginger!
Asian-Style Chopped Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: I highly recommend adding peanuts or sliced/slivered almonds as well!
For the Sesame Dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Optional: minced garlic or freshly grated ginger
- Chop romaine and cabbage. Place in a large bowl.
- Slice snow peas and green onions. Dice bell pepper, slice carrots, and roughly chop cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with additional sesame seeds if desired. (Or slivered almonds for crunch.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Asian-Style Chopped Salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)