I also love keeping a batch handy in the fridge to pull out for quick snacks – grazer-style. Hope you enjoy it too. Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
Healthy Texas Caviar
- Two 15 oz. cans black eyed peas
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup organic corn (I thaw frozen corn)
- 1 bell pepper (I use 1/2 green, 1/2 red)
- 1/2 small red onion
- Optional additions: jalapeno, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, avocado, etc.
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Rinse and drain beans. Dice bell pepper and finely dice onion.
- In a large bowl, add beans, bell pepper, onion, and corn. Add dressing and toss well to combine.
- Can serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for at least two hours. (It tastes best after flavors blend).