A fresh and easy vegan Green Bean Salad with lemon-balsamic dressing. Only 7 ingredients, so vibrant, and a beautiful taste of summer!
This green bean salad is a great summertime dish when beans are in peak season.
Crisp, tender green beans are marinated in a garlic-balsamic dressing with a hint of lemon.
It is simple to prepare, plus so fresh and tasty!
Ingredients for Green Bean Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh green beans
- Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes: Or substitute with roma or other garden tomato if desired. I like cherry/grape best because they have a rich, sweet flavor.
- Red onion
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil: This is optional. Simply omit for an oil-free version.
- Salt and pepper to taste
It is best served the same day if you are looking for eye appeal.
The green beans do start to fade in color the longer they marinate in the dark balsamic dressing.
Feta cheese: You can also add vegan feta cheese crumbles before serving. Either your own tofu feta recipe, or Violife Foods and Follow Your Heart both sell vegan feta.
Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- Optional: vegan feta crumbles
For the lemon-balsamic dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional - omit for oil-free)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Trim ends off green beans and rinse. Steam (or boil) for about 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. In a colander, rinse well with cold water to stop cooking, then pat dry. Cut green beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Finely dice red onion.
- Place onion and green beans in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate for best flavor.
- When ready to serve, add diced tomatoes, vegan feta (optional) and lightly toss.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this fresh vegan green bean salad, also check out: