These savory Asian-style Garlic Green Beans are simple to make and packed with flavor! They are a great, tasty side dish for a variety of Asian-inspired meals. (Vegan + gluten-free.)
These Asian-inspired garlic green beans are quick and easy to prepare.
It is so simple, but has lots of delicious, savory flavor.
It's become one of our favorite green bean recipes.
Plus they make a tasty side dish for a variety of your favorite Asian-style meals.
Ingredients for Asian-Style Green Beans
This recipe comes together with just five simple ingredients:
- Fresh green beans
- Toasted sesame oil
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
Don't forget to scoop up the remaining bits of garlic and shallot at the bottom of the pan when serving. They are tiny, but pack a a big punch of flavor!
Asian-Style Garlic Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1-2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional: sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, cashews, or slivered almonds for topping
- Trim ends off green beans. Mince garlic, and chop shallot.
- Add sesame oil to a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Let heat for a couple minutes until hot.
- Carefully add shallot and garlic. Heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Add green beans and stir well to coat.
- Sauté until just tender, about 5-6 minutes, stirring often so garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add tamari. Toss to combine and cook 1-2 minutes.
- When serving, don’t forget the garlic/shallot pieces on the bottom of the pan which provide big flavor.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these Asian Green Beans with garlic, also feel free to check out: