Refreshing, protein-packed Vegan Mediterranean-inspired Bean Salad with a bright lemony dressing and fresh herbs. Great make-ahead dish for picnics and also take-along lunches! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This Mediterranean-style bean salad is filled with bright, fresh flavors and is a lovely dish especially in the summer.
It combines a three bean medley of kidney beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans which are a good source of protein and fiber.
Then it is tossed with a delightful lemon dressing and fresh herbs. (Plus cucumber and tomato to help hydrate and refresh!)
Ingredients for Bean Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Kidney beans + garbanzo beans + black beans
- Roma tomato
- Red onion
- Fresh parsley + cilantro
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil (optional)
It is a pleasantly filling meal and a great choice for make-ahead picnics, potlucks, meal prep, and take-along lunches. (Especially since it tastes even better after it chills.)
Mediterranean Three Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or less to taste)
For the Lemony Dressing:
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp. or more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Dice tomato and cucumber. Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, large stems removed. Add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
- Can serve immediately, but best after it chills in the fridge. (Simply re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Mediterranean Bean Salad, also check out: