This easy White Bean Salad recipe combines sweet tomatoes, fresh herbs, and a vinegar dressing. It's simple to make and great for meal prepping, picnics, potlucks, lunches, and more. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This white bean salad is full of fresh, satisfying flavors. It combines hearty beans, juicy tomatoes, flavorful herbs, and a simple vinegar-Dijon dressing. Plus it's easy to prepare and ready in 10 minutes!
It's light yet energizing, and a good source of fiber and plant-based protein. You can either serve it chilled or at room temperature. We find it keeps for 3-4 days when stored covered in the fridge.
Ingredients for White Bean Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- White beans: Cannellini, great northern, or navy. I use canned white beans for convenience, but you can also use 1.5 cups freshly cooked beans.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes: These are sweet and flavorful varieties, but roma or other garden tomatoes work too.
- Fresh herbs: Parsley, basil, cilantro, dill, chives, etc. I enjoy a combination of parsley + dill (and chives if I have them).
- Apple cider vinegar: Or try your own favorite vinegar.
- Dijon mustard
- Pure maple syrup: Or other sweetener.
- Garlic: An optional but flavorful addition if you're a garlic lover.
Variations & Substitutions
A few ideas for customizing this recipe:
- Add chopped kale, spinach, arugula, or cucumber for crunch
- Substitute lemon juice + zest for the apple cider vinegar
- Add green onion or finely diced red onion
- Add capers or olives for a briny pop of flavor
- Use sun-dried tomatoes instead of fresh
- Add vegan feta crumbles
How to Serve
- As a light, energizing lunch
- Over fresh arugula or salad greens
- As a side dish for picnics, potlucks, or parties
- A refreshing snack right out the fridge
- On top of toasted sourdough bread
- For meal prepping and grab & go
White Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can white beans (cannellini, great northern, or navy)
- 5 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes (about ¾ cup chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (I like parsley, dill, and chives)
For the vinegar-Dijon dressing:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1 clove minced garlic
- Rinse and drain white beans. Halve/quarter tomatoes and chop fresh herbs. Add to a medium bowl.
- Make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. (Adjust flavors as desired.)
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss well.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or let it chill covered in the fridge for a couple hours to marinate. (Stir before serving as some dressing will settle at the bottom.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this white bean tomato salad recipe, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is very appreciated. Thank you!)