Wonderfully satisfying Summer Vegetable Chili with fresh garden produce! Highly customizable and makes a quick & easy weeknight meal.
This Summer Vegetable Chili is so fresh and wonderfully satisfying. It includes two types of beans, plus an assortment of garden produce for a beautifully fresh taste of summer.
Then just top it off with your favorite garnishes. I love avocado and cilantro, but tortilla strips and vegan cheese or vegan sour cream are tasty as well.
Plus it’s an incredibly versatile recipe with whatever produce & spices you enjoy. (Try it with hearty mushrooms in place of zucchini & squash!) Tomato sauce or paste can also add some extra thickness and flavor.
The recipe is mild as written (if using mild chili powder), so feel free to add more spiciness if desired. I love adding ground chipotle powder to give it a nice smoky kick, but you can also use cayenne pepper, jalapeno, or hot sauce to heat it up.
Summer Vegetable Chili
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 yellow summer squash (or another zucchini or mushrooms)
- 1 bell pepper (I use orange)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder (I use mild)
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Fresh cilantro, avocado, hot sauce, green onion, vegan cheese shreds, vegan sour cream, tortilla strips, etc.
- Dice onion, zucchini, squash, and bell pepper. Mince garlic.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. veggie broth/water for no-oil saute method.)
- When onion is translucent, add minced garlic and chili powder. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, squash, and bell pepper. Stir and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, corn, and beans (rinsed and drained).
- Increase heat and bring to a light boil. Then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Salt to taste and add any desired toppings before serving. (I love cilantro & avocado.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this summer chili? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)