Simple yet flavorful Tomato & White Bean Soup with fresh kale, hearty beans, and a splash of balsamic. Plus it's only 30 minutes to prepare, making it a great lunch or dinner. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This white bean soup is so quick and easy to prepare (and only 30 minutes!) It's a great lunch or dinner with plenty of cozy, satisfying flavor.
The ingredients are simple, but it's such wonderful comfort food!
Ingredients for White Bean Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cannellini beans: Or substitute another white bean such as great northern or navy.
- Lacinato/dinosaur kale
- Dried basil
Soup is a versatile dish, so change it up as you see fit. Add your favorite herbs (or fresh herbs) or include other vegetables such as leeks, celery, carrot, summer squash, spinach, etc.
Fire-Roasted Tomato & White Bean Soup with Kale
- 1 yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 30 oz. can cannellini beans (two 15 oz. cans, or other white bean)
- 1/2 bunch fresh lacinato kale (2-3 cups chopped)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
Optional (for serving):
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley
- Dice onion.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, sauté onion for about 8 minutes (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth/water for no-oil sauté method).
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and dice zucchini.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic, zucchini, and dried basil. Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with juice, and balsamic vinegar. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans and add to pot.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop kale (large stems removed). Stir in kale during the last couple minutes of cooking. Salt/pepper to taste (and top with fresh herbs before serving if desired).
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Tomato White Bean & Kale Soup, also check out:
- Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder
- White Bean Salad (10 Minute)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Chickpea Noodle Soup
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always very appreciated - thank you!)