Satisfying vegan "chicken-less" Chickpea Noodle Soup! Easy to make, and a great comfort meal made with simple, wholesome ingredients.
We really enjoy this classic noodle soup made with chickpeas instead of chicken. Comforting noodle soup is a must-have for chilly days or when I'm feeling a little under the weather. It is so warm and soothing!
This hearty soup is made with simple, wholesome ingredients, and is a budget-friendly meal. (And it is also easy to customize with the herbs or vegetables you love.)
Ingredients for Chickpea Noodle Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Mushrooms (omit if desired)
- Pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- Dried basil & dried oregano
- White miso
Top it with from fresh parsley before serving if desired. (It adds a nice flavor and freshness!)
For another cozy, soothing recipe try this 20-minute Turmeric Noodle Soup.
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 oz. mushrooms (omit if desired)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (more if desired)
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 6 oz. pasta (I use a gluten-free quinoa/brown rice blend)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white miso
For serving (optional):
- Fresh parsley, lemon juice
- Dice onion, mince garlic. Slice carrot, celery, and mushrooms.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, sauté onion for about 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- Add celery, carrots, mushrooms, minced garlic, and dried herbs. Stir and sauté another 4 minutes.
- Add 6 cups vegetable broth. Cover, and bring to a light boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and chickpeas (rinsed and drained). Stir and reduce heat. Simmer for 10-12 minutes (or until your pasta is cooked through).
- In a small bowl, whisk miso with about 1/3 cup warm water to thin and remove clumps. Add to pot and stir.
- Salt/pepper if needed. (Or add more miso to taste.) Top with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Chickpea Noodle Soup, also browse more vegan chickpea recipes or check out: