Soothing and nourishing Turmeric Noodle Soup with a flavorful miso, garlic, ginger broth. Provides immune-supporting benefits for healing, inflammation, and also cold & flu season. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This simple turmeric noodle soup has become a bit of an obsession in our household.
The recipe was unexpectedly born when I was very much under the weather. I wandered downstairs to find something healing and soothing (and most of all quick to make.)
So in my mentally groggy state, I started chucking ingredients into the pot. Turmeric? Yep. Ginger? Definitely. Noodles? Oh yes.
Somehow the warm, golden concoction was exactly what I needed. The flavorful garlic-ginger-miso broth is so delicious!
Ingredients for Turmeric Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Vegetable broth
- Pasta: I use gluten-free spaghetti made with brown rice & quinoa.
- White miso
- Ground turmeric: This is said to provide anti-inflammatory and immune-supporting benefits.
- Peas: I use frozen.
- Fresh baby spinach
- Optional: Black pepper to help aid in curcumin absorption.
You can also add kale, green beans, broccoli, tofu, mushrooms, green onion, etc.
For more inspiration, also browse all oil-free recipes.
Healing Turmeric Noodle Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 oz. pasta (I use quinoa & brown rice spaghetti noodles)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated (about a 1 inch piece)
- 2 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric (more to taste)
- 1 1/3 cups peas (I use frozen)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Optional additions: black pepper, kale, green beans, broccoli, tofu, mushrooms, green onion, etc.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, pour vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use a microplane grater for ginger.)
- When broth is boiling, add garlic, ginger, miso*, turmeric, peas, and pasta. (If using spaghetti noodles, I like to break them up in smaller pieces before adding.)
- Return to a light boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in spinach during last minute of cooking.
- Taste and add additional miso if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this turmeric noodle soup, also check out: