An easy vegan Turmeric Noodle Soup with flavorful miso, garlic, ginger broth. Soothing and nourishing! Plus provides immune-supporting benefits for healing, inflammation, and also cold & flu season. (Gluten-free & oil-free.)
This turmeric noodle soup is so warm and nourishing. It's a family favorite recipe in our house.
We love it for the immune-supporting benefits during cold and flu season. (Or also to aid in inflammation or healing.)
Plus it's made with a deliciously flavorful garlic-ginger-miso broth. And it comes together in just 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Turmeric Noodle Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Vegetable broth
- Pasta: I use gluten-free spaghetti made with brown rice & quinoa. But simply use your own favorite.
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- White miso: This provides a salty, umami flavor.
- Ground turmeric: This is said to provide anti-inflammatory and immune-supporting benefits. (I have not tested this soup with fresh turmeric.)
- Green peas: I use frozen peas.
- Fresh baby spinach
- Black pepper (optional): I include this because it has been shown to increase the bioavailability of curcumin. (The main natural polyphenol in turmeric.)
Most of the time I also include frozen broccoli florets as well, which is a great addition.
Turmeric Health Benefits
Turmeric has long been used in Asian countries as a medicinal herb.
Curcumin is the main natural polyphenol and active component in turmeric. Various studies show it has multiple potential health benefits. These include supporting digestion and also enhancing immune function.
Plus it contains antioxidants and reduces inflammation due to the anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin also appears to be beneficial for several aspects of arthritis.
We also enjoy turmeric in this Golden Turmeric Milk Latte.
Customize this soup with the veggies you enjoy. Also add kale, green beans, broccoli, tofu, mushrooms, green onion, etc.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We find they keep for about 3-4 days. Then reheat in the microwave.
For more inspiration, also browse all soup recipes.
Healing Turmeric Noodle Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 oz. pasta (I use quinoa & brown rice spaghetti noodles)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated (about a 1 inch piece)
- 2 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric (more to taste)
- 1 1/3 cups peas (I use frozen)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Optional additions: black pepper, kale, green beans, broccoli, tofu, mushrooms, green onion, etc.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, pour vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use a microplane grater for ginger.)
- When broth is boiling, add garlic, ginger, miso*, turmeric, peas, and pasta. (If using spaghetti noodles, I like to break them up in smaller pieces before adding.)
- Return to a light boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in spinach during last minute of cooking.
- Taste and add additional miso if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan turmeric ginger noodle soup, also check out: