This vegan Corn & Potato Chowder has the most luxurious, golden, cheesy broth. Plus it is only 8 ingredients with super easy assembly which makes it a great weeknight meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This healthier Vegan Corn and Potato Chowder is just 8 simple ingredients with no dairy, cream, or butter.
Plus it is easy to assemble which makes it a great weeknight meal.
I love the rich, savory flavors and sweetness of the corn. The golden, cheesy broth is spiked with flavorful smoked paprika and is deliciously creamy.
It is a family favorite!
Ingredients for Vegan Corn Chowder
For this recipe you will need:
- Red potatoes
- Sweet corn: Fresh, canned, or frozen.
- Vegetable broth
- Plain & unsweetened almond milk: Or other plant-based milk.
- Nutritional yeast: This adds a rich & savory cheesy flavor.
- Smoked paprika
- Optional for topping: fresh chives or green onion
Either serve it as is, or blend half to create a creamier consistency. (We love this!)
For more inspiration, browse all vegan main dish recipes.
Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder
- 1 onion
- 8-10 small red potatoes (about 2 lbs. or 4-5 cups diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups sweet corn (frozen, fresh, or canned)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups almond milk* (plain & unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or green onions
- Dice onion. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion in 3 Tbsp. broth/water for about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and cut potatoes into about 3/4″ chunks.
- Add potatoes and smoked paprika to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, corn, and nutritional yeast. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Salt/pepper to taste, and add more nutritional yeast if desired.
- Leave as is, or blend some for a creamier texture. (I like to blend about half with an immersion blender.)
- Garnish with fresh chives, green onion, etc. if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder, also check out: