This thick and hearty vegan Lentil Orzo Soup with spinach is simple to make and so satisfying. Plus it's filled with nourishing plant-based nutrients. Perfect for a cozy lunch or dinner!
This Lentil Orzo Soup is a thick, comforting bowl of goodness that keeps us feeling warm and cozy.
It is easy to make and packed with plant-based nutrients. The lentil and orzo combination makes it seem extra hearty and satisfying.
However for a gluten-free version, simply use your favorite small gluten-free pasta, or even stir in some quinoa or brown rice. It is also a great meal for easy leftovers throughout the week - simply reheat and enjoy!
Ingredients for Lentil Orzo Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Diced tomatoes (fire-roasted if desired)
- Green/brown lentils
- Orzo pasta
- Fresh baby spinach
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
Lentil Orzo Soup with Spinach
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I like fire-roasted*)
- 3/4 cup green/brown lentils
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for about 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, dice carrot and mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add carrot, garlic, cumin, and smoked paprika. Stir and sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, and lentils (rinsed and drained). Bring to a light boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add orzo. Stir and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add spinach (roughly chopped). Heat for a couple minutes. Salt/pepper to taste if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan lentil and orzo spinach soup, also browse all vegan soup or check out:
- Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder
- Healing Turmeric Noodle Soup
- Smoky Tomato Lentil Soup
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili