Easy Black Eyed Pea Salad with crisp, fresh veggies and a tangy garlic-vinegar dressing. Make it ahead of time for a side dish, salad, or chip dip! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple Black Eyed Pea Salad is made with colorful, crisp veggies and an easy garlic-vinegar dressing. Plus it’s totally oil-free! I absolutely adore these tangy, fresh flavors.
How to Make Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Preparation for this dish is quick and easy. Simply rinse and drain your black-eyed peas, chop a few veggies, whisk the dressing, then combine everything together. You can enjoy it immediately, however it tastes best after it chills and marinates in the fridge for a few hours. Also feel free to add your favorite fresh herbs (parsley or cilantro are wonderful) or jalapeno/cayenne for a kick.
Plus I love how versatile this recipe is – eat it with a spoon as a tangy salad, or grab your favorite chips and enjoy it as a dip! It’s great served next to fresh guacamole. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 15 oz. can black-eyed peas
- 1 bell pepper (I use orange)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 4 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes (or 2 roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro (optional but recommended)
For the garlic-vinegar dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Rinse and drain black-eyed peas. Add to a medium bowl.
- Finely dice bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. Roughly chop fresh herbs, large stems removed (if using). Add to bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and stir well to combine.
- Can enjoy immediately, but best chilled for at least an hour (or up to 24 hours) first. Re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle at bottom. Enjoy as a salad or chip dip!