Simple tutorial on how to make Iced Matcha – the perfect summertime refreshment filled with antioxidants and zenergy!
This iced matcha is one of my favorite ways to enjoy matcha on a hot summer day. Plus it’s super easy and a great change of pace from my usual hot whisked matcha. (And not to mention incredibly refreshing sipping it out in the sunshine!) And of course I always love the boost of zenergy and antioxidants from beautiful matcha powder. To learn more about this incredible green tea, also feel free to check out my Matcha Guide!
PS – this Tropical Matcha Smoothie is another favorite summertime matcha drink!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you try this! I love seeing your matcha pics.
Iced Matcha (2 Ways!)
- 1 tsp. Encha Organic Matcha (ceremonial grade)
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup water
- Large handful of ice cubes (about 5-6 cubes)
Method #1: Prepare whisked hot matcha then add ice
- Heat water to just under boiling (about 160 degrees). Add water to 1 tsp. matcha in a matcha bowl (or a soup bowl works great). With a bamboo whisk, whisk very briskly in a straight line back and forth. Continue whisking until you get a nice layer of froth (about 30 seconds).
- Carefully transfer matcha to a glass, add plenty of ice, and enjoy!
Method #2: Cold Brew (matcha on-the-go!)
- In a shaker cup with lid, thoroughly shake matcha with water and ice cubes. That’s it!
- My husband uses this super easy method to take his matcha to work, and I love it in the summer to bring it outside!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
For more drink and smoothie inspiration, also check out the full “Vegan Drinks” recipe archives on the site!
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)