Simple tutorial on how to make Iced Matcha (two different ways!) It's a wonderful summertime refreshment filled with antioxidants and zenergy.
This refreshing iced matcha is one of my favorite ways to enjoy matcha green tea on a hot summer day.
Plus it's super easy, and a great change of pace from my usual hot whisked matcha. (Not to mention it feels incredibly energizing and revitalizing sipping it outdoors under the warm sunshine!)
My husband and I have been enjoying it for a quick matcha fix this summer. I really enjoy the boost of zenergy and antioxidants from the beautiful organic matcha powder.
To learn more about this incredible green tea and it's benefits, feel free to check out my Matcha Guide as well. Hope you enjoy this easy, refreshing, energizing drink as much as we do - cheers to a wonderful summer!
Easy Iced Matcha
- 1 tsp. Encha Organic Matcha (ceremonial grade)*
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup water
- Large handful of ice cubes (about 5-6 cubes)
Method #1: Whisk Hot Matcha Then Add Ice
- Heat water to just under boiling (about 160°F / 71°C). Add 1 tsp. matcha in a matcha bowl (or a soup bowl works great).
- Add hot water to matcha. Using a bamboo whisk, whisk very briskly in a straight line back and forth. Continue whisking until you get a nice layer of froth (about 30 seconds).
- Carefully transfer matcha to a glass. Add plenty of ice, and enjoy!
Method #2: Cold Brew (Matcha On-the-Go)
- In a shaker cup with lid, thoroughly shake 1 tsp. matcha with water and ice cubes. That’s it!
- My husband uses this easy method to take his matcha to work, and I love bringing it outside in the summer.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
For more drink and smoothie inspiration, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you try this recipe! I love seeing your creations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)