This strawberry watermelon slush is a lovely summertime refreshment! Only 3 simple, whole food ingredients. Plus naturally sweetened with no refined sugar.
I walked into our food co-op the other day to find myself swimming in a sea of giant watermelons. (Melon heaven!)
Which of course means one thing: summer is officially here.
My daughter goes wild for watermelon, so I wanted a fresh new way for us to enjoy it.
She is a big fan of tangy lemon/lime flavor (and also of course strawberries) so it all seemed like a perfect match.
Ingredients for Watermelon Slush
For this recipe you will need:
- Seedless watermelon: Be sure to find ripe, flavorful fruit which can make all the difference in a simple recipe like this!
- Ripe strawberries: I buy organic produce when possible.
- Fresh lime juice
I also suspect these would make great frozen fruit pops as well.
See the notes below the recipe for additional tips and variations.
For more inspiration, also browse all drink & beverage recipes.
Strawberry-Lime Watermelon Slush
- 2 cups seedless watermelon (frozen*)
- 1 cup (heaping) strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- Ice cubes, fresh mint, fresh basil
- Cube watermelon (rind removed) and place in freezer* for 2 hours or longer.
- When ready to make the slush, rinse and hull the strawberries (or simply use frozen).
- Place frozen watermelon, strawberries, and fresh lime juice in blender.
- Blend until slushy and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this watermelon strawberry slush, also check out:
- Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- Edamame, Corn, Tomato Salad with Lemony Dressing
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta
- Classic Vegan Potato Salad
- Mediterranean Three Bean Salad