This refreshing Strawberry Watermelon Slush with Lime recipe is naturally sweetened with no added sugar. A summertime staple that only requires 3 simple, whole food ingredients!
This watermelon strawberry slush is such a refreshing drink. It's easy to make with only 3 simple ingredients.
Plus it's naturally sweetened with no added sugar. (Unless you prefer to add it of course!)
It's a perfect, thirst-quenching drink to enjoy out in the summer sunshine.
Ingredients for Strawberry Watermelon Slush
For this slushie recipe you will blend in a high-speed blender:
- Seedless watermelon: Be sure to find ripe, flavorful fresh fruit which can make all the difference in a simple recipe like this. Watermelon is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin B6. It's also rich in carotenoid phytonutrients, especially lycopene. (This helps provide antioxidant protection caused by free-radicals.)
- Ripe strawberries: Either fresh or frozen will work. I buy organic produce when possible. This is a great recipe to make in June when strawberries are in peak season and freshness! Strawberries are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. Plus they have carotenoids and flavonoids which provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection.
- Fresh lime juice: You will need about one juicy lime for this recipe.
Try other berries! You can also add other fresh berries of choice such as blueberries, blackberries, or huckleberries.
Cube and freeze: I set the melon cubes on a baking sheet (or shallow non-glass bowl) to freeze. They fully freeze after about 2-3 hours and become very hard. If you freeze them in a bowl, the cubes will be stuck together (and often to the bowl). So just set out the bowl and let thaw for 15-20 minutes before using.
Freezing a bigger batch: It can be helpful to freeze the watermelon cubes single file on a baking sheet first. Then once they fully freeze, transfer them to a storage container for longer-term.
Blender tip: If your blender isn’t very strong, that's okay. You may want to freeze the watermelon for only about 60-90 minutes instead. Or simply let it sit out and thaw a little before blending.
Lemon variation: Feel free to swap out the lime juice from fresh lemon juice instead. (Or a lemon-lime combination!)
Fresh strawberries: If you are using fresh strawberries, you may want to add a few ice cubes to keep the slushy consistency cold. Or you could simply freeze your hulled strawberries with the watermelon if you’d like.
Sweeten it: Depending on how sweet your watermelon + berries are, you may want some extra sweetener to taste. Simply drizzle in a teaspoon of pure maple syrup, agave syrup, coconut sugar, or your own favorite sweetener.
Frozen cocktail: Turn this recipe into a cocktail if that's your thing! Simply add alcohol of choice such as rum, vodka, tequila, gin, etc. Then garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
Frozen fruit pops: Try pouring this tasty, fruity mixture into frozen pop molds as well.
For more inspiration, also browse all drink & beverage recipes.
Strawberry Watermelon Slush
- 2 cups seedless watermelon (frozen*)
- 1 1/3 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- Ice cubes, fresh mint, fresh basil
- Prepare + freeze watermelon: Cube watermelon (rind removed) and place in freezer* for 2 hours or longer.
- When ready to make the slush, rinse and hull the strawberries. (Or simply use frozen strawberries.)
- Place frozen watermelon, strawberries, and fresh lime juice in blender. Blend until slushy and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this watermelon lime strawberry slush recipe with no added sugar, also check out these other summer foods:
- Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad (Oil-Free!)
- Edamame, Corn, Tomato Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta