Luxurious, chocolatey Chunky Monkey Vegan Protein Smoothie. Naturally sweetened and packs 20 grams of plant protein… with NO protein powder!
This quick and easy vegan protein smoothie is super luxurious, chocolatey, and packs a serious protein punch. Without the use of protein powder!
One cup soy milk and 2 tablespoons peanut butter have about 8 grams of protein each.
Then the antioxidant-rich cacao powder adds another 3 grams. Even the banana adds about a gram, which brings the total to 20 grams protein.
It provides sustaining energy, and is also pretty healthy but tastes like an indulgent treat.
Ingredients for Chunky Monkey Smoothie
For this recipe you will need:
- Soy milk: Or other plant-based milk.
- Ripe banana
- Peanut butter: I use creamy and natural.
- Cacao powder: Or substitute cocoa powder.
- Pure maple syrup
Studies show raw cacao (pronounced "ca-COW") is an antioxidant powerhouse. Plus it is rich in iron, magnesium, calcium, and is also a natural mood elevator.
This smoothie is great as a quick breakfast, mid-day boost, post-workout, or also smoothie bowl with all the toppings!
We enjoy ours flavored with a little vanilla and almond extract.
For more inspiration, also browse all smoothie recipes.
Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 very ripe banana (frozen if possible)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy, natural)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or dates or other sweetener)
- Optional: 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp. almond extract, 1 tsp. maca powder, ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Drink as is, or sprinkle with cacao nibs, etc.
- Make a smoothie bowl topped with peanut butter granola, coconut flakes, banana slices, or even some fluffy coco whip.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Chunky Monkey Smoothie, also check out: