This healthier Vegan Chocolate Milkshake is made with just 4 simple ingredients and only takes 2 minutes to make! Deliciously creamy and smooth. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This easy vegan chocolate milkshake is so creamy, smooth, and luxurious.
It tastes like an indulgent treat, but has just four simple, healthy ingredients.
Plus it comes together in just 2 minutes.
What makes it a "healthier" milkshake is using whole food banana instead of processed, sugary ice cream.
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
For this recipe you will need:
- Your favorite plant-based milk. Most often I use homemade almond or cashew.
- Banana. Frozen banana works best to achieve a thicker, creamier consistency. But you can use fresh if you don't have frozen on hand.
- Cacao powder. I use Navita's organic brand. Or simply substitute cocoa powder.
- Maple syrup. Or your favorite sweetener such as dates, agave, etc.
Also, a sweet lady named Catarine left a comment that she swaps out the cacao powder for a vegan chocolate protein powder for her 4 year old daughter's breakfast and I love that idea!
For more inspiration, browse all vegan drink & beverage recipes.
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if possible*)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or dates to sweeten)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this healthy vegan chocolate milkshake, also check out: