A simple tutorial on how to make easy Iced Matcha, also known as cold brew matcha. It's a wonderful summertime (or anytime!) refreshment filled with antioxidants and energy.
This refreshing iced matcha (also known as cold brew matcha) is one of my favorite ways to enjoy matcha green tea on a hot summer day.
Plus it's super easy, and a great change of pace from my usual hot whisked matcha.
Not to mention it feels incredibly energizing and revitalizing sipping it outdoors under the warm sunshine.
Please be aware that matcha green tea does contain caffeine, however!
My husband and I have been enjoying this iced matcha this summer because it is so simple to prepare. Plus I really enjoy the boost of energy and antioxidants from the beautiful organic matcha powder.
To learn more about this incredible green tea and it's benefits, feel free to check out my Matcha Guide as well.
Hope you also enjoy this easy, refreshing, energizing drink as much as we do - cheers to a wonderful summer!
For more inspiration, also browse all drink and beverage recipes.
Easy Iced Matcha
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder (ceremonial grade)
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup water
- Large handful of ice cubes (about 5-6 cubes)
Method #1: Cold Brew (Matcha On-the-Go)
- In a shaker cup with lid, thoroughly shake 1 tsp. matcha with water and ice cubes. That’s it!
- My husband uses this easy method to take his matcha to work, and I love bringing it outside in the summer.
Method #2: Whisk Hot Matcha Then Add Ice
- Heat water to just under boiling (about 160°F / 71°C). Add 1 tsp. matcha in a matcha bowl (or a soup bowl works great).
- Add hot water to matcha. Using a bamboo whisk, whisk very briskly in a straight line back and forth. Continue whisking until you get a nice layer of froth (about 30 seconds).
- Carefully transfer matcha to a glass. Add plenty of ice, and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this easy cold brew matcha, also feel free to check out: