This easy (oil-free) Peanut Butter Granola recipe is naturally sweetened with no refined sugar. It's a delicious protein-rich breakfast, snack, or healthy dessert. Plus it's just 6 ingredients and 30 minutes to make! (Vegan, gluten-free.)
This vegan + oil-free Peanut Butter Granola is so quick and easy to prepare.
It is only 6 ingredients, naturally sweetened, and takes about 10 minutes of preparation time.
Plus it includes lots of plant-based protein and fiber.
Most granola recipes call for quite a bit of oil, but I found the natural oils in the peanut butter works great. Simply lining a baking sheet with parchment paper will keep the peanut butter mixture from sticking.
Ingredients for Oil-Free Granola
For this recipe you will toss together then bake in the oven:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Be sure to use gluten-free old-fashioned oats if needed. I purchase organic when possible.
- Peanut butter: I use creamy and natural. You could also try substituting the peanut butter with other nut butter or seed butter. (I have not tested this however.)
- Almond flour: Most often I use Bob's Red Mill super-fine almond flour. Either blanched or un-blanched will work depending on what's available or what you have on hand. The almond flour gives the granola an extra-rich and buttery texture - so tasty!
- Pure maple syrup: This works great as a natural sweetener. Plus it adds delicious maple flavor to the granola.
- Vanilla extract: I also like to include a half teaspoon almond extract with the vanilla, but that's totally optional if you don't have it on hand.
- Ground cinnamon: I use Ceylon cinnamon.
- Salt: Just a dash of fine grain salt helps to enhance the flavors. But you can omit this if desired.
Sweetness: I pour in one-third cup maple syrup for the sweet flavor, and also because it helps create crunchy granola clusters. But feel free to decrease if desired for a less-sweet granola.
Add-ins: After baking in the oven, you can also stir in raisins, cranberries, dried cherries or other dried fruit, vegan chocolate chips, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or nuts like pecans, almonds, or walnuts.
Spices: Swap in your own favorite spices to this granola mixture. I use cinnamon, but you could also try pumpkin pie spice for a seasonal variation.
This homemade granola is so versatile in ways you can enjoy it! A few ideas include:
- For breakfast with almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- Quick, energizing snacks
- Stirred into your favorite vegan yogurt
- In kids' lunch boxes
- As a healthy dessert
- On top of dairy-free ice cream
Store leftovers in an airtight container or mason jar. You can either keep it at room temperature or in the fridge. We find it keeps well for about one week. (Any storage time longer than that I'm not sure.)
Texture note: The granola will be soft when it comes out of the oven. But then it gradually hardens as it cools. Be sure to let it cool completely before storing.
Easy Peanut Butter Granola (Oil-Free!)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I use natural)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional, or less)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional add-ins after baking:
- Vegan chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When melted and combined, remove from heat. Add vanilla, almond extract (if using), cinnamon, and salt. Stir.
- Add oats and almond flour. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Place parchment paper (or Silpat) on a baking sheet. Add oat mixture and slightly spread out. (It doesn’t have to be completely spread out – keeping some together will create clusters.)
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, then bake for 10 more minutes. Remove and let cool.*
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan oil-free peanut butter granola recipe, also check out:
- Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato
- Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
- Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie