This easy oil-free Peanut Butter Granola with no refined sugar is a healthy vegan breakfast, snack, or dessert! Just 6 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and 30 minutes to make.
This oil-free peanut butter granola is so quick and easy to prepare.
It is only 6 ingredients, naturally sweetened, and takes about 10 minutes of preparation time.
Plus it includes lots of plant-based protein and fiber.
Most granola recipes call for quite a bit of oil, but I found the natural oils in the peanut butter works great. Simply lining a baking sheet with parchment paper will keep the peanut butter mixture from sticking.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Granola
For this recipe you will need:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Use gluten-free old-fashioned oats if desired.
- Peanut butter: I use creamy and natural. You could also try substituting the peanut butter with other nut butter or seed butter. (I have not tested this however.)
- Almond flour: I use Bob's Red Mill super-fine almond flour.
- Pure maple syrup: This works great as a natural sweetener.
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon: I use Ceylon cinnamon.
Sweetness: I use one-third cup maple syrup for the sweet flavor, and also because it helps create chunky granola clusters. But feel free to decrease if desired.
Mix-ins: After baking in the oven, you can also stir in raisins, cranberries, dried fruit, vegan chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or nuts like pecans, almonds, or peanuts.
This homemade granola is great for breakfast with almond milk or other plant-based milk, snacks throughout the day, or even a healthy dessert.
You can also serve it in a bowl on top of dairy-free yogurt or ice cream.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge. We find it keeps well for about one week. (Any storage time longer than that I'm not sure.)
Texture: The granola will be soft when it comes out of the oven, but it gradually hardens as it cools. Let it cool completely before storing.
For more inspiration, also browse all oil-free recipes.
Easy Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I use creamy, natural)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional add-ins after baking:
- Vegan chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When melted and combined, remove from heat. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Stir.
- Add oats and almond flour. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Place parchment paper (or Silpat) on a baking sheet. Add oat mixture and slightly spread out. (It doesn’t have to be completely spread out – keeping some together will create clusters.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove and let cool*.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan homemade peanut butter granola recipe, also check out:
- Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato
- Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
- Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Super Seed Granola