An easy, healthy make-ahead breakfast. Simply take 5 minutes to assemble these vanilla almond overnight oats before bed and they will be waiting for you in the morning!
We love this easy, nourishing, make-ahead breakfast!
It only takes 5 minutes and 6 ingredients to assemble in the evening.
Then just cover and put in the fridge for a quick ready-to-eat breakfast in the morning.
It's also an easy recipe to double or triple for more people. (We often make a triple batch so all three of us can enjoy.)
Ingredients for Almond Overnight Oats
For this simple recipe you will combine in a glass container or mason jar:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: I find old-fashioned oats work best for this recipe. (Be sure to use gluten-free oats if needed.)
- Almond milk: Or substitute your favorite dairy-free milk such as soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, etc. I use plain and unsweetened.
- Chia seeds: These help to thicken the mixture and also provide omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract: This is very strong, so just a small amount is needed.
- Pure maple syrup: This is a wonderful natural sweetener with great taste. But simply use your own favorite sweetener if desired!
Either enjoy these oats as is, or garnish with desired toppings before serving. A few ideas include:
- Fresh blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc.
- Diced banana
- A dollop of peanut butter or other nut butter
- Homemade Granola for some crunch
Note: This recipe makes one serving, so simply double or triple the batch to serve more!
Store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. We find it is best enjoyed within 1-2 days.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan breakfast recipes.
Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients except oats in a small bowl or jar. Stir to combine.
- Add oats and gently stir. Lightly press down with a spoon to make sure they are all fully submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Enjoy as is or top with banana, berries, granola, nut butters, etc. before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats recipe, also feel free to check out:
- Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato
- Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
- Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie
- Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie