An easy, healthy make-ahead breakfast. Simply take 5 minutes to assemble these vanilla almond overnight oats before bed and they will be waiting for you in the morning!
An easy, 6-ingredient, make-ahead vegan breakfast!
It only takes 5 minutes to assemble this in the evening. Then just cover and set in the fridge for a quick ready-to-eat breakfast in the morning.
It is also an easy recipe to double or triple for more people. We often make a triple batch so all three of us can enjoy.
Ingredients for Overnight Oats
For this simple recipe you will need:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Use gluten-free if desired.
- Almond milk: Or substitute your favorite plant milk such as soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, etc. I use plain and unsweetened.
- Chia seeds: These help to thicken the mixture and also provide omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Pure maple syrup: This is a wonderful natural sweetener with great taste.
Either enjoy these oats as is, or before serving top with:
- Fresh blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc.
- Diced banana
- A dollop of peanut butter or other nut butter
- Homemade Granola for some crunch
This recipe yields a single serving, so simply double or triple the batch to serve more.
You will store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
We find it is best eaten within 1-2 days.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan breakfast recipes.
Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients except oats in a small bowl or jar. Stir to combine.
- Add oats and gently stir. Lightly press down with a spoon to make sure they are all fully submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Enjoy as is or top with banana, berries, granola, nut butters, etc. before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these vanilla almond overnight oats, also feel free to check out:
- Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato
- Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
- Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie
- Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie