An easy, healthy Vegan Cookie Dough Bites recipe that's done in just 10 minutes! These delicious no-bake bites are naturally sweetened with no refined sugar (plus optional chocolate chips). Great for snacks and dessert! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
These easy vegan raw cookie dough balls are such a delicious sweet treat.
Plus this no-bake dessert is done in just 10 minutes with super simple preparation and no special equipment.
They have that classic cookie dough taste and texture, but without the raw eggs.
It's a great snack or healthier dessert to have on hand.
Ingredients for Cookie Dough Bites
For this recipe you will stir together in a large bowl:
- Oat flour: I use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free oat flour. But you could also make your own by grinding oats in a food processor until a fine flour forms.
- Peanut butter: I use unsalted creamy and natural peanut butter. However I'm guessing any nut butter or seed butter would work just fine. So you could also try it with almond butter, cashew butter, or sun butter as well.
- Pure maple syrup: I often use this ingredient as a natural sweetener because I enjoy the flavor and it's simple to work with.
- Plant milk: You will need just one tablespoon milk (any dairy-free variety), or you can simply substitute water if needed.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Almond extract: This is optional, but I love the added flavor of almond extract so I always include it. However simply omit if you're not a fan.
- Salt: You will need just a small pinch of salt, and I use fine-grain for this recipe.
- Vegan chocolate chips: These are optional if you'd like chocolate chip cookie dough bites.
Chocolate chips: If you're including chocolate chips, I suggest adding them after the cookie dough bites are formed. Simply press them into the balls (pointy side down as shown in the photos). If you add them to the original dough ball mixture, I find the balls are much harder to roll and don't stick together as well.
Oil-free option: There is no added oil in this recipe. So if you prefer to keep it oil-free, simply do not use the optional chocolate chips if they contain oils.
Chocolate coating: Instead of the chocolate chips, these balls could also be dipped in melted chocolate for a hard shell coating. Simply melt your chocolate, dip the balls, then set them on a plate lined with parchment paper. Then place in the fridge or freezer to help set and harden the chocolate.
Fridge: We store ours in a sealed container in the refrigerator, and find they keep for at least a week.
Room temperature: You could also store them at room temp in a sealed container, but be sure to enjoy within 2-3 days.
Storing in the fridge will make them last longer, but they do slightly harden and dry out this way.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan dessert recipes.
Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
- 3/4 cup oat flour*
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I use natural, unsalted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. plant milk (or water)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional, or less)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract (if using), and salt. Stir well to combine into an even mixture.
- Then add oat flour and stir well. (It might take a minute to fully combine.) Continue stirring until a solid, non-sticky dough ball forms. Towards the end, I simply use my hands to help combine. If the mixture is still sticky, simply add a little more flour.
- Roll into small, individual balls with your hands. (I form mine about 1.5 inches wide, which creates about 12 balls.) Then press in optional chocolate chips if using.**
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this healthy vegan Cookie Dough Bites recipe, also check out:
- Chocolate Banana Popsicle
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Granola (Oil Free)