This 5 minute, 5 ingredient healthy lentil salad is packed with tons of flavor and protein! So good for quick lunches, easy snacks, and road trips. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Just 5 minutes & 5 ingredients (or less!) is all it takes for this flavor-packed salad. I’ve been making it for years and always thought it was too simple for the site. But quick and easy is what it’s all about here, and after devouring another batch I knew I had to share. This started as something I threw together for a road trip – wanting healthy plant-based protein to keep us energized for driving. (I’m all about the road snacks!) It soon became a road trip ritual, then developed into a quick lunch or easy snack as well. I’ve made it plenty of times without the chives so I left them optional, along with herbs if you wish. So tangy, flavorful, and delicious – hope you enjoy too!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
5-Minute Lentil Tomato Salad
5 minute, 5 ingredient healthy lentil salad packed with flavor and protein! Perfect for quick lunches, easy snacks, and road trips!
Servings:4 side servings
- 15 oz. can lentils
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or white balsamic vinegar)
- 1/8 cup chives (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Optional additions: olive oil, basil, parsley, etc.
- Rinse and drain lentils. Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes. Slice chives.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and toss to combine. Salt to taste, and adjust vinegar if necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container to let flavors develop more.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 10g | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6.6% | Vitamin C: 18.3% | Calcium: 2.6% | Iron: 22.1%
More lentil lovin’!