Just 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to make this healthy Lentil Tomato Salad! Plus it’s packed with flavor and protein – perfect for quick lunches, snacks, & road trips. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Just 5 minutes & 4 ingredients (or less!) is all it takes for this flavor-packed lentil tomato salad. I’ve been making it for years and always thought it was too simple for the site. But quick and easy is what it’s all about here, and after devouring another batch I knew I had to share.
This started as something I threw together for a road trip. We wanted healthy plant-based goodness to keep us energized for driving. (I’m all about the road snacks!) It soon became a road trip ritual, then developed into a quick lunch or easy snack as well. I’ve also made it plenty of times without the chives so I left them optional, along with herbs if you wish. Tangy, flavorful, and delicious! Plus so many variations you can try based on your preference. Hope you also enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated – thank you!)
5-Minute Lentil Tomato Salad
- 15 oz. can lentils (about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or white balsamic vinegar)
- 1/8 cup chives (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Optional additions: olive oil, basil, parsley, etc.
- Rinse and drain lentils. Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes. Slice chives.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and toss to combine. Salt to taste, and adjust vinegar if necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container to let flavors develop more.