This Lentil Quinoa Salad combines hearty lentils and quinoa tossed with a flavorful garlic-Dijon vinaigrette. Easy to make, satisfying, and protein packed! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This easy, satisfying, protein-packed dish combines two of my favorites: lentils and quinoa.
It's also a fun "choose your own adventure" dish. Either flavor it with cilantro and lime or lemon and parsley.
Both versions are great, and you can also add other vegetables or additions if you wish. I also enjoy the simplicity of the dressing. Dijon mustard and lime zest provide big, tasty flavor.
Ingredients for Lentil Quinoa Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- White quinoa
- Green/brown lentils
- Green onions (scallions)
- Fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Lime zest (or lemon zest)
Serve it immediately or chill for several hours or overnight in the fridge. It is a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches, meal prep, picnics, BBQ's, etc.
Lentil Quinoa Salad with Garlic-Dijon Dressing
- 1/2 cup white quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup green/brown lentils (or 1 heaping cup cooked)
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley)
For the Garlic-Dijon Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove minced)
- Zest from 1 lime (or lemon zest)
- Rinse and cook quinoa and lentils, separately.* Be sure to leave lentils tender, not mushy.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. (I use a microplane grater/zester to zest my limes/lemons.)
- Slice the green onions. Roughly chop the cilantro (large stems removed).
- In a bowl, add the cooked lentils (drained well), cooked quinoa, green onions, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. (Salt/pepper, more cilantro, or fresh squeezed lime juice.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy Lentil Quinoa Salad with Garlic-Dijon, browse more salad recipes or check out: