It only takes 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to make this healthy vegan Lentil Tomato Salad! Plus it is filled with flavor and plant-based protein which is great for quick lunches, snacks, & road trips. (Gluten-free & oil-free.)
Just 5 minutes and 4 ingredients (or less!) is all it takes for this flavor-packed lentil tomato salad.
I have been making it for years and always thought it was too simple for the site.
But quick and easy is what it's all about here, and after devouring another batch I knew I had to share.
This lentil tomato salad started as something I quickly threw together for a road trip. We wanted some healthy plant-based goodness to keep us energized for driving.
But I have also made it many times without the chives so I left them optional, along with the fresh herbs.
It is so tangy, flavorful, and delicious. Plus there are so many variations you can try based on your preference.
5-Minute Lentil Tomato Salad
- 15 oz. can lentils (about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or white balsamic vinegar)
- 1/8 cup chives (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Optional additions: olive oil, basil, parsley, etc.
- Rinse and drain lentils. Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes. Slice chives.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and toss to combine. Salt to taste, and adjust vinegar if necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container to let flavors develop more.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Lentil Tomato Salad, also feel free to check out:
- Edamame Tomato Corn Salad
- Super Immunity Power Salad
- Lentil Quinoa Salad with Garlic-Dijon Dressing
- Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing