Classic guacamole with a fun, fiesta twist! Made with hearty black beans, tomatoes, and cumin. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Grab the chips and get your taste buds ready for a fiesta! Guacamole is one of the most basic recipes – all it really takes is avocado and salt. But it’s fun to jazz it up sometimes.
Black beans are an awesome addition for extra “oomph” in this fiesta guacamole, and you can also play around with your other favorite ingredients and spices.
In addition, you can also try sweet corn, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno or cayenne for some heat. For this version, I also opted for one of my personal favorite spices (cumin!) for a punch of flavor. I’d love to hear what variations you come up with!
For more easy Mexican-style sides, we also love:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Jalapeno, garlic, corn, bell pepper, cayenne, more lime juice
- Peel the avocados and remove pits. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork or masher, leaving some chunks.
- Finely dice onion, quarter tomatoes, and chop cilantro (stems removed). Add to avocado.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add to bowl, and gently stir to combine.
- Salt to taste. Tastes best if refrigerated or set out at room temp for an hour before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Fiesta Guacamole? Also feel free to check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)