Classic guacamole with a fun, fiesta twist! Made with hearty black beans, tomatoes, and cumin. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Grab the chips and get your taste buds ready for a fiesta! Guacamole is one of the most basic recipes – all it really takes is avocado and salt. But it’s fun to jazz it up sometimes. Black beans are an awesome addition for extra “oomph” and you can play around with other ingredients and spices.
In addition, you can also try sweet corn, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno or cayenne for some heat. For this version, I also opted for one of my personal favorite spices (cumin!) for a punch of flavor. I’d love to hear what variations you come up with!
Classic guacamole with a fun, fiesta twist! Made with hearty black beans, tomatoes, and cumin.
Servings:6 side servings
- 3 ripe avocados
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
Other optional additions:
- Jalapeno, garlic, corn, bell pepper, cayenne
- Peel the avocados and remove pits. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork or masher, leaving some chunks.
- Finely dice onion, quarter tomatoes, and chop cilantro (stems removed). Add to avocado.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add to bowl, and gently stir to combine.
- Salt to taste. Tastes best if refrigerated or set out at room temp for an hour before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 830mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2.5mg