I’m all about the soup/chili when the weather gets cold! I’m pretty sure I’d be happy hugging a warm bowl every day… even for breakfast! I especially love that it’s one of the most versatile dishes. I’ve made so many variations depending on what I have on hand. One of my favorite ingredients in chili is ground chipotle powder to spice it up. If you’re up for a nice smoky kick, I recommend trying it!
Three-Bean Fiesta Chili
Simple three bean chili with satisfying fiesta flavors! Warm, savory, and a great meatless meal.
Servings:6 medium bowls
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic corn (I use frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Chipotle, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce for serving
- Dice onion and bell pepper. Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- In a stockpot over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper with salt for 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Stir and saute for 1 minute.
- Add broth and diced tomatoes with juice.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to stockpot.
- Increase heat and bring to a light boil. Then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and salt to taste.
For serving: scoop it in a bowl as is or topped with creamy avocado. Also try serving over rice, quinoa, or baked potatoes!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 1184mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3920IU | Vitamin C: 69.3mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 7.2mg
Chilly…? More chili!