Fresh Avocado Tomato Salad with crisp cucumber and a garbanzo bean boost! Only 7 ingredients and easy assembly. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple 7-ingredient salad is pure summertime goodness! Creamy avocado, sweet tomatoes, and crunchy cucumber join forces for a quick and easy dish full of super fresh flavors. The beauty of salads is they’re pretty forgiving, so don’t feel like to have to follow the recipe exactly! Toss in some extra tomatoes, beans, herbs, corn, whatever you’d like. There are SO many variations – you can check out more ideas below the ingredients, get creative with your own, or change up the dressing.
Here I use simple lime juice to flavor, but it’d be great with lemon juice or white wine vinegar as well. Would love to hear what you guys come up with! It’s great for picnics, summer gatherings, or just a snack. (Ever notice how food seems to taste even better when eaten out in the sunshine?) 😉 Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
PS – come The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys are cooking up.
Avocado Tomato Salad
Fresh Avocado Salad with juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, and a garbanzo bean boost! Only 7 ingredients and easy assembly.
Servings:5 side servings
- 2 avocados (not too soft)
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes (or 3 romas, etc.)
- 1/2 large hothouse cucumber
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (more/less to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Other ideas: jalapeno, bell pepper, grilled corn, different herbs, etc.
- Dice cucumber, halve/quarter tomatoes, and finely dice red onion.
- Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Dice into medium chunks.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Add lime juice and salt. Lightly toss.
- I like to let it sit for about 20 minutes so the flavors blend a bit before eating. You can also cover and refrigerate until ready to eat! (Best served the same day otherwise the avocados get a little creamy/mushy. We usually finish within 1-2 days.)
Works best with avocados that aren’t overly ripe so they don’t get too mushy. If you’re not a fan of raw onion, leave it out or sub with milder green onions! Limes come in different sizes (and juiciness!) Cater the amount of juice to your liking. OR, swap out the lime juice with lemon juice, white wine vinegar, etc. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, try parsley, dill, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.1mg