Fresh Avocado Tomato Salad with crisp cucumber and a garbanzo bean boost! Only 7 ingredients and easy assembly. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple 7-ingredient salad is pure summertime goodness! Creamy avocado, sweet tomatoes, and crunchy cucumber join forces for a quick and easy dish full of super fresh flavors.
Salads are pretty forgiving, so don’t feel like to have to follow the recipe exactly. Toss in some extra tomatoes, beans, herbs, sweet corn, or whatever sounds good.
Ingredients for Avocado Tomato Salad
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Grape tomatoes
- Garbanzo beans
- Red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice (about 1 lime)
I simply use lime juice as a “dressing” but it’d be great with lemon juice or white wine vinegar as well. It’s great for picnics, gatherings, or summer snacks. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Avocado Tomato Salad
- 2 avocados (not too soft)
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes (or 3 romas, etc.)
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (cooked)
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Salt to taste
- Other possible additions: jalapeno, bell pepper, grilled corn, different herbs, etc.
- Dice cucumber, halve/quarter tomatoes, and finely dice red onion.
- Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Dice into medium chunks.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Add lime juice and salt. Lightly toss.
- I like to let it sit for about 15-20 minutes so the flavors blend a bit before eating. You can also cover and refrigerate until ready to eat! (Best served the same day otherwise the avocados get a little creamy/mushy. We usually finish within 1-2 days.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Avocado Tomato Salad? Also feel free to check out:
Come The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)