Easy Avocado Edamame Salad with sweet corn and black beans! Just 8 simple ingredients and packed with plant-based protein & fresh veggies.
This easy, 8-ingredient salad is filled with protein and fiber from the edamame and black bean combination.
Then it is tossed with a simple squeeze of lime juice for some bright, fresh flavor.
It works great as either a side dish or main dish salad.
It is beautiful year-round, but especially in summer when tomatoes and sweet corn are in season and at peak flavors.
Ingredients for Black Bean Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Black beans
- Shelled edamame (cooked)
- Cherry/grape tomatoes (or roma)
- Sweet corn (cooked fresh, canned, fire-roasted, etc.)
- Red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
Also check out the variation notes below.
Try it with other flavors such as garlic, cumin, agave, etc.
This is a fantastic make-ahead dish because the flavors intensify after it chills in the fridge.
So it is a great choice for picnics, potlucks, take along lunches, meal prep, etc.
If making ahead of time, simply save the avocado to cut and add right before serving to prevent it from browning.
For more inspiration, browse all gluten-free recipes.
Black Bean & Edamame Salad with Avocado
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, cooked (8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or roma tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet corn, cooked
- 1/4 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1-2 limes (about 2-3 Tbsp.)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain black beans. Dice tomatoes.
- Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, large stems removed.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except avocado. Toss to combine.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary (more lime juice, salt, etc.)
- Chill covered in the fridge if desired for 1-2 hours before serving. When ready to serve, dice avocado, add to bowl, and gently toss.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Corn and Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad, also check out: